Chapter 29: I just lost my best friend.

Hey guys! I'm sorry I have been slacking on uploading, I've just been experiencing some "writers block". I'm feeling more inspired now so stay tuned! Love you all :)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Lewis's P.O.V.

Today I'm seeing Dakota. We're going to talk about what we're going to do next for our relationship.

I woke up at 9 this morning because I have to leave for Santa Cruz at 10:30.

I'm going to stop by Dakota and I's favorite bakery, Ariscault Bakery and bring her a croissant and a cinnamon muffin.

After making sure I have everything I need, I leave and go the bakery.

When I walk in Joe, the manager says, "Hey Lewis what's up man!".

I give him a fist bump and say, "Hey Joe, how are you?".

"I'm good man, I'm good. Where's Dakota?", he asks.

"Oh she, she's in Santa Cruz for the summer", I say softly.

"Without you?", he asks confused.

I look down and then say, "Yeah. I'm about to go see her right now but I wanted to bring her a little piece of home".

"Well my friend, you came to the right place. What can I get you? You're usual?", Joe says happily.

"The usual", I say with a smile.

"You got it", Joe says.

Dakota and I would come here two days a week before school, specifically Tuesday and Friday. Joe quickly learned our orders so when we would walk in we wouldn't have to order.

"Here you are", Joe says and hands me the box.

"Thanks man", I say and pay him and throw some coins in the tip jar.

"Tell Dakota I say hi, yeah?", Joe says.

"I will", I say and head out the door.

When I get in the car I send Dakota a text that says, "Hey, just letting you know I'm on my way".

As I turn on our music playlist she texts me back and says, "Thanks, see you soon".

I am so nervous to see Dakota. She is the closest friend I've ever had, and because of that I don't want to lose her. I know that things will be awkward between us if she agrees to give me another chance, but I'm fine with that if it means I get to see her.

I turn on my GPS and get on the road. I hope this drive will be worth it.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dakota's P.O.V.

Lewis is on his way here and I'm so nervous. I woke feeling much better this morning which made me feel good until I remembered Lewis was coming.

I had a small breakfast that consisted of a fruit bowl with a small glass of almond milk.

I shower and then spend twenty minutes picking an outfit. I decide on striped blue and white cut off jeans and a gray shirt with black sandals. When I'm finished getting ready it's eleven, Lewis will be here in one hour.

When I get nervous or stressed I eat, but I can't do that at the moment since I am still not sure how my stomach will react so I decide to clean my room. I vacuum it and then wipe down my desk and dresser. I wipe down the counters in the bathroom and clean the shower. When I'm done it's five minutes to 12 so I spray some perfume on myself after cleaning and then go downstairs to wait for Lewis.