Chapter 37: I love her.

Dakota's P.O.V.

I heard Grayson yell out in pain so I turned and ran for the beach and this time Lydia couldn't stop me.

When I get down to where Grayson and Ryan are Grayson is yelling in pain.

"Make it stop man! Fuck!", Grayson yells out.

"Just try to hold still", Ryan somehow manages to say in a calm tone.

I'm standing behind watching when I hear someone approaching behind me. I turn around and see Lydia so I put my finger in front of my lips, telling her to stay quiet.

"Fuck man! God I-I need her, I need her here with me", Grayson says.

Ryan's eyes go big and he says, "Her who? Her as in Dakota?".

Lydia and I both gasp quietly.

Grayson nods his head and says, "Can I tell you something?".

"Only if you let me stitch you up", Ryan says as he sets out his tools.

"Fair enough", Grayson says.

"First I patch you up, then you tell me", Ryan says.

Grayson lets out a sigh and says, "Fine, let's get this over with".

Ryan looks past Grayson and sees me and Lydia and his eyes go big again.

"What?", Grayson asks and turns around. A smile forms on his face when he sees us and he says, "Come here".

I take a step but Lydia stops me and says, "I don't think this is a good idea".

"Why does everyone keep telling he's such a bad guy? He's been nothing but nice to me since I got here", I say a little quietly.

Lydia doesn't say anything, she just lets go of my arm. I run over to Grayson and kneel down next to him.

"You shouldn't be here, Kota. It's about to get really ugly", Grayson says.

"No, I'm staying, I'll be fine", I say while looking at his foot.

Ryan looks at me and says, "Wanna help?".

"No man", Grayson quickly says.

"What can I do", I say, looking at Ryan.

"Hold him down while I give him a shot to numb his foot", Ryan says as he puts what I'm guessing is the numbing medicine in a needle.

"O-Okay", I say hesitantly. I know I'm not strong enough to hold Grayson down but if it means I can stay then I have to try.

Grayson points my face to look at his with his finger and he says, "You don't have to do this".

"I know, I want too", I say in an assertive tone.

"Lydia can you come hold him down on the other side please?", Ryan asks Lydia.

We both put our arms on Grayson's shoulders and arms and then look at Ryan.

Ryan hands Grayson a towel and he bites down on it.

"Okay, take a deep breath. One, two, three".

Grayson lunges up but Lydia and I manage to push him down.

"Just a few more seconds!", Ryan says as he injects the medicine.

"Hey look at me, you can do this", I say in a rather calm tone to Grayson.

He looks at me so I say, "That's it, just look at me".

As I'm leaning over the most beautiful boy I've ever seen it hits me - I'm falling in love with him. I have been since the moment I laid my eyes on him. He makes me feel ways I've never felt before - ways I've never felt with anyone else. He makes my heart race, he makes me smile, he makes me laugh. He took care of me when I was sick when he didn't have too. He's seen me laugh, cry, sick, fight, and yet he's still around - he still talks to me.