Chapter 17

Gandalf chuckled before speaking "Bilbo Baggins! I’ve never been so glad to see anyone in my life."
  Bilbo smiled to him, he then walked forward patting Balin’s shoulder affectionately. Rosa walks over to him giving a quick hug, happy to see him safe.
  "Bilbo, we’d given you up."
  "How on earth did you get past the Goblins?"
  "How, indeed."
  There is a short and awkward silence as Bilbo tries to think what to say. In the end, he nervously laughs and puts his hands on his hips. Gandalf is the only one to notice Bilbo sliding a ring into his waistcoat pocket. Gandalf looks a bit perturbed. “Well, what does it matter? He’s back!”
  "It matters! I want to know: why did you come back?"
  "Look, I know you doubt me, I know you always have. And you’re right, I often think of Bag End. I miss my books. And my armchair. And my garden. See, that’s where I belong. That’s home. And that’s why I came back, cause you don’t have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can."

  After Bilbo speaks, there is silence as the dwarves think about what Bilbo said. Gandalf smiles slightly, happy that Bilbo has changed so much - for the better. Then suddenly the company hears a howling in the distance. Almost immediately knew where the howling originated from and realize they were in danger. Gandalf and Thorin shared a glance
  "Out the firing pan…."
  "And into the fire! Run! RUN!"
  With that, the company begins running further down the mountain as fast as they could. The Wargs follow them rapidly; as it becomes nighttime. Soon the foremost Warg catches up to the group and leaps at Bilbo; Bilbo ducks behind a rock and the Wargs jaws snap in the air over his head. The Warg lands in front of him. Growling, it charges at him. Bilbo pulls out his sword and holds it in front of him; the charging Warg impales itself in the head on the sword and falls dead. Bilbo looks on in surprise.  A few more Wargs catch up to the fleeing dwarves, but they are quickly dispatched. The Company reaches a large outcropping of land with a few trees growing on it; they are trapped there, as there is no way off the outcropping besides a great fall down the mountain.
  "Up into the trees, all of you! Come on, climb! Bilbo, climb!"
  The dwarves begin climbing into the trees. Bilbo tries to pull his sword out of the dead Warg’s head, but it is stuck firmly. He continues to pull.
  "They’re coming!"
  Gandalf climbs to the top of the furthest tree; Dwalin boosts Balin up. Thorin, Bombur, and the rest climb up trees too. The main body of Wargs and Warg Riders approach.
  "Bilbo!" Rosa shouts to him, gaining his attention "Hurry up come on!"
  After a few more pulls Bilbo finally manages to get his sword out of the Warg; he looks up to see several more Wargs running at him. He quickly clambers up a tree as the Wargs rush below him. Dozens of Wargs circle the trees in which the Company members are perched. Gandalf reaches out with his staff and picks up a moth sitting in the same tree like him. Bringing the moth close to his face, he whispers to it; he then blows it gently, causing it to flutter away. The Wargs cease their growling and turn as the White Warg, with Azog on its back, approaches slowly.
  "Azog?!" Thorin looked at the orc in confusion and anger