Chapter 9

The trolls have tied several of the dwarves onto a spit and are roasting them over a fire; the rest along with Rosa and Bilbo, are tied up in sacks nearby.
The three trolls discuss how they want to cook the company.
"Never mind the seasoning; we ain't got all night! Dawn ain't far away, so let's get a move on. I don't fancy being turned to stone."
Hearing what The troll said, gives Bilbo an idea. He looks to Rosa and mouth for her to follow his lead and motions his head towards the trolls. She looks at him confused but nods and waits.
  "Wait!" Bilbo shouts "You are making a terrible mistake."
  "You can't reason with them, they're half-wits!" Dori tries to tell him
  "Half-wits? What does that make us?"
  Bilbo manages to stand up, although still tied up in a sack. He faces the trolls. "Uh, I meant with the, uh, with, uh, with the seasoning."
  "What about the seasoning?" Bert asks him
  "Well, I mean have you smelt them? You're going to need something stronger than sage before you plate this lot up"
  Rosa realizes now what he's doing. "He's right!" Rosa shouts finding a way to get up as well and hops over to Bilbo "about the sage that is. It's not going to be enough cover up this lot's smell."
  The dwarves yell at them, calling them traitors. The ones in sacks kick them.
  "What do you two know about cooking dwarf?" Tom asks
  "Shut up, and let the little people talk," Bert tells him
  "Uh, y-yes th-the secret to cooking dwarf is, um-" Bilbo stops and thinks
  "Yes? Come on." Bert pushes
  "It's, uh-"
  "Tell us the secret."
  Rosa rolls her eyes "Yes yes, he'll tell you, just relax."
  "Right the secret is ... to skin them first!"
  "Tom, get me the filleting knife.
  "If I get you two, you little--"
  "I won't forget that!"
  "What a load of rubbish! I've eaten plenty with their skins on. Scuff them, I say, boots and all."
  Bilbo sees Gandalf slipping behind some trees nearby.
  "'e's right! Nothing wrong with a bit of raw dwarf! Nice and crunchy." William says grabbing Bombur, and dangles him upside down over his mouth, about to eat him.
  "No not--not that one's infected!" Rosa shouts
  "You what?"
  "H-he's got worms in his... tubes."
  William drops Bombur back into the pile of Dwarves in disgust. Bilbo looked at her confused but go along with it.
  "Right, In--in fact they all have, they're in--infested with parasites. It's a terrible business"
  "I wouldn't risk it if I were you, I really wouldn't." Rosa whisper
  "Parasites, did they say parasites?
  "We don't have parasites! You have parasites!" Kili shouts
  "What, are you two talking about?" Golin questions
  The rest of the dwarves chime in about how they don't have parasites and how Rosa and Bilbo are fools. Bilbo and Rosa roll their eyes as the dwarves are messing up Bilbo's plan. Thorin, finally understanding the plan, kicks the others. They then understand and go along with it. All the dwarves begin proclaiming about how they're "riddled" with parasites.
  "What would you have us do, then, let 'em all go?" William asked spacious
  "Well..."
  "You two think I don't know what you're up to? These little ferrets are taking us for fools!"
  "Ferrets?" Bulbo questioned
At the same time, Rosa said "Little?"
  "Fools?"
  Gandalf appears on top of a large rock above the clearing. "The dawn will take you all!" He shouts
  The trolls turn around "Who's that?"
  "No idea."
  "Can we eat 'im too?"
  Gandalf then strikes the rock with his staff, splitting it in half, allowing the sunlight behind it to pour into the clearing. When the sunlight touches the trolls' skin, they begin turning into stone amidst loud screams and howls of pain. Within seconds, there are three stone statues of trolls in the clearing. All the dwarves cheer for Gandalf.

  After everyone was free the company. they find a large cave nearby, and a few of them enter. It is full of treasure the trolls have been hoarding. Rosa sits off from the others examining the dagger Fili lent her.
  "Are you okay Rosa?"
She jumps and looks behind her to see it's Bilbo, she rolls her eyes but smiles at him "For like the million time Bilbo I'm fine. You worry to much for your own good you know." She chuckles moving over so he can sit
  "Well, it's my job to watch over you. I promised remember." He says sitting down
  "Yes I remember Bilbo but that was when we were small. We're grown up now you don't need to be so protective."
  "Bilbo, Rosa." A voice called from behind them
  "Hmm?" They turned around to see Gandalf holding out two small swords
  "Here. These are about your size." Gandalf says handing the swords to them
  "I can't take this." Bilbo remarks standing up trying to give the sword back
  "The blade is of Elvish make which means they'll glow blue when orcs or goblins are nearby." Gandalf explains
  "I have never used a sword in my life."
  "I haven't either"
  "And I hope you never have to. But if either of you do, remember this: true courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one."
  "Something's coming!"
  "Gandalf-"
  "Stay together" Gandalf instructs them
  Radagast rides at full speed through the forest on his rabbit-drawn sled. He shouts "Thieves! Fire! Murder!" pulling up short by the Company.