Chapter 23

Rosa tries not to scream as the barrels fall into the water below. when the barrel finally, emerge Rosa gasps as it begins bobbing.
"Rosa?" she hears Fili whisper at her concerned
She looks up at him confused then blushes as she realized that She holding onto him
"Oh, I-I'm fine" she squeaks letting go
Just then Bilbo Screams dropping straight into the water. Nori helps Bilbo as he surfaces and tried grabbing onto his barrel.
"Well done, Master Baggins." Thorin complements
Bilbo, half-drowned, waves his hand in thanks and manages to splutter out go to him.
"Come on, let's go."
The dwarves paddle with their hands as the river pulls their barrels along; elves rush along passages in the Woodland Realm. The dwarves emerge into the sunlight, and Thorin sees a waterfall right in front of them. "Hold on!" Thorin shouts to them

The dwarves, Bilbo, Rosa, and the barrels plunge through the rapids, then float swiftly down the raging river. Legolas, followed by other elves, emerges from a gateway and sees them floating away.
"(Shut the gate!)" Legolas shouts
The elf next blows on a horn; as the dwarves round a corner in the river, they see a guardpost built above the river. The heavily armored elves standing guard there hear the horn and come to attention; one of them pulls a lever, causing a heavy metal sluice gate to block the river.
"No!" Thorin shouts as the barrels pile into each other; the elven guards draw their swords, but one is suddenly shot in the back with a black arrow. Several growling orcs swarm over the guardpost, killing the elves. Multitudes of orcs run in from the bushes, with Bolg.
"Watch out! Those are orcs!"
"(Slay them all!)" Blog tells his fellow orcs
The orcs begin throwing themselves at the dwarves in their barrels; Bilbo manages to kill one with Sting, and Dwalin elbows another in the face. Kili looks up and sees the lever the elven guard had pulled earlier. He manages to get out of his barrel and runs up the stairs toward the lever. Unarmed, he ducks as an orc swings at him.
Dwalin shouts to Kili. He throws him a sword he had managed to grab from one of the orcs, Kili then kills the orc and fights his way to the top of the stairs. As Kili fights an orc, another one leaps up from behind him, raising its spear to stab him. Fili throws a dagger and kills the orc, allowing Kili to fight his own opponent and kill it.
Bolg, noticing Kili, he smiles pulling his bow and arrows from his back. As Kili reaches for the lever, Bolg fires an arrow, which hits Kili in the calf. Kili stops short, panting.
"Kili!" Fili shouts in worry to his brother
Kili groans in pain, straining to pull the lever but falls over onto his back. Bolg strings another arrow.
"Kili," Thorin whispered to himself
An orc leaps over to kill Kili, but an arrow suddenly flies into its head. Kili looks over and sees Tauriel running through the bushes. She shoots another orc, then kills others with her knife. Kili uses all the strength the could to stand and pull the lever opening the gate. He falls back down groaning in pain. The barrel start go through the gate falling down another waterfall and floats down the river. As Fili and Rosa barrel past just Kili made to the ledge.
"Kili!" Fili calls to him
Kili gorans as he manages to slide himself off the ledge and into his empty barrel below. As he lands in it, the shaft of the arrow in his leg breaks off on the edge of the barrel. The remaining of the company plunge over the waterfall and continue floating down the rushing river, as Bolg and his orcs follow the river on land.