Chapter 4

Bilbo is sitting on his chair, holding a mug. While Rosa stands next to him and Gandalf is in front of both of them.
  "I'll be all right, let me just sit quietly for a moment."
"You've been sitting quietly for far too long. Tell me; when did doilies and your mother's dishes become so important to you? I remember a young Hobbit who always was running off with his sister in search of elves in the woods, who'd stay out late, come home after dark, trailing mud and twigs and fireflies. A young Hobbit who would have liked nothing better than to find out what was beyond the borders of the Shire. The world is not in your books and maps Bilbo; it's out there.
  "I can't just go running off into the blue. I'm Baggins, of Bag End and so is Rosa."
  "You are also Tooks. Did you know Bilbo that your great-great-great-great-uncle, Bullroarer Took, was so large he could ride a real horse?"
They look at a portrait of Bullroarer Took on the wall. "Yes."
  "Well, he could. In the Battle of Green Fields, he charged the goblin ranks. He swung his club so hard it knocked the Goblin King's head clean off, and it sailed a hundred yards through the air and went down a rabbit hole. And thus the battle was won, and the game of golf invented at the same time."
  "I do believe you made that up," Bilbo states
  "Well, all good stories deserve embellishment. You two will have a tale or two to tell of your own when you come back." Gandalf tells him sitting down
  "Can you promise that, promise we will come back?"
  "No. And if you do, you will not be the same."
  "That's what I thought. Sorry, Gandalf, I can't sign it." Bilbo gets up "You've got the wrong Hobbit." he walks away down the hall.
  Gandalf raises a brow and looks at Rosa "What about you Rosa?"
  "I uh... when do we leave?" Rosa asks looking off where Bilbo left
  "First light, make sure your ready my dear."
  She nods walking out towards Bilbo's room knocking on the door.
  "Leave me alone," Bilbo said
  "It's me, can you open up please."
  Bilbo opens the door letting her in then he closes it turning to her. "So, are you going?"
  "Yes, we leave at first light." Rosa sighs "I wish you would come with Bilbo."
  "I can't believe you're serious about this."
  "But why, we've always talked about going out of the shire on adventures and traveling middle earth. "
  "Yeah, but that was when we were kids. We're not kids anymore Rosa we're adults. I just don't understand what you see in doing this, you could be seriously hurt or worse."
  "Well, that's part of an adventure Bilbo."
  "You've never been out traveling or used a weapon before in your life. How are you going to defend yourself?"
  Rosa crossed her arms "I'm sure I'll figure it out, along the way maybe even one of the dwarves will teach me."
  "They seem to not want you around, do you really think they'll help you?"
  "Then I'll ask Gandalf."
  "Well, I think this is a terrible idea, and don't think you should go."
  "Well it's not yours to make, it's mine, I'm old enough to make my own choices Bilbo. So whether you like it or not I'm going!" Rosa shouts storming out.

  As Rosa makes her way to her room, not watching where she's going, and runs into one of the dwarves knocking her back.
  "Oh, I am sorry Madam Baggins I didn't see you. Are you alright." someone asks
  Looking up Rosa sees Fili offering his hand. She smiles taking it.
  "No, it's quite alright, I should've been watching where I was going. Your Fili right?"
  "Yes, I am. Is what Gandalf says true, that you'll be joining us on our quest?"
  "Yes, yes I am."
  "Good to hear." He smiles "Well I should probably get back to the other."
  "Um, okay."
  "Oh, before I forget if you ever need assistance, feel free to ask me."
  "Thank you Fili."
  He nods and they part ways. When Rosa makes it to her room she starts packing a bag.

  Later that night The dwarves gather in the living room, smoking their pipes by the fire. They all begin humming, and soon Thorin begins to sing, and the others join him. Gandalf listens from nearby; while Bilbo and Rosa listen from their bedrooms.