35

Issa long one with a bit of a surprise/cliffhanger at the end 😉

It's an adventure 😂

Enjoy!

It's been a couple hours since the whole
situation with Avi, and after a shower and a new mindset he was okay.  He entered the kitchen, sheepishly.  The group was still cooking away.

Mitch was nearly done with the pumpkin pie and Matt had finished the stuffing.  Avi shook all of his embarrassment and anger off and walked up to Kevin. 

"Look I'm really sorry, man I-"

"Kev, it's okay.  I needed to get it out anyways.  It's all good bro."  Avi patted Kevin on the back.

"Oh Avi!  Look at this!"  Mitch chirped, glancing at the pie he'd just made.

As Avi glanced at the dessert, he smiled as he read what was written in thin pie crust.

"To our first thanksgiving, Pentatonix family."  Avi read aloud. His eyebrows furrows.

"Pentatonix?  What's pentatonix?"  Avi asked.  Mitch readjusted the glass platter the pie was in and leaned against the counter.

"Scott came up with it.  There started out with five of us. And five is the amount of notes in a pentatonic scale.  He just thought it fit good with all of us."  Mitch went on smiling.

Avi nodded. 

"I like it."

****

As Leigh set out plates for everyone, everyone else was putting their dishes they made on the table for everyone to dig into.

Around thirty minutes later, everyone was all dished up and they all sat around the table. 

Mitch couldn't be happier.  He was finally, for the first time in so long, feeling at home.  He had a house, lived with some of his best friends, had a boyfriend.  Everything felt perfect at this moment.

Avi was humble, proud of himself for letting his friends see the soft side of him.  While he himself felt a bit disconcerted and embarrassed, a person needs that every once in a while. 

Kevin was happy, despite just getting out of the hospital.  He had a mindset much like Mitch.  He had his girlfriend by his side, surrounded by his friends, he was happy.

Kirstie was confused.  She had a single thought that kept distracting her from everything. After Avi's breakdown, she realized something.

- her soul realized something that her mind could not yet comprehend-

Matt was a bit off kilter as well.  Something wasn't right.  Or it was right and he simply wasn't used to it.  He wasn't quite sure.

Scott was calm.  At ease with mostly everything.   One thing he needed to get off his chest.  He didn't know when to share it. Or if he should.

"Alright." Kevin started.  "We all have to say what we're thankful for.   I'll go first, I'm thankful we're all here and I get to live with some pretty amazing people." Kevin grinned.  Everyone nodded and clapped.

Next was Avi.  Avi took a long breath.

"I'm thankful that Charlotte was adopted and that she's happy."  Avi said and looked at Kirstie.  Kirstie made eye contact and Avi soon shifted his hazel eyes downward towards his plate.

"I'm also thankful for all of you."  He finished.  Everyone clapped as Avi and Kirstie looked at each other quickly as Matt began to talk. 

"I'm thankful that we're all understanding and let me tell ya.  Y'all are the funniest people I've ever met."  Matt laughed and everyone chuckled.  His laugh was quite contagious. 

"I'm thankful for-" Kirstie paused.  Her lips pursed as she tried to think of one the million reasons she was thankful.  "How you guys love music as much as I do.  It's really cool."  Kirstie nodded.  It wasn't her best reason but one that worked.

"I'm thankful that we're calling this place home.  I love that my home also is becoming you guys."  Scott smiled, hand over his heart.  Murmured "aw's" came from all around the table. 

Mitch cupped Scott's bicep and rested his head on Scott's shoulder as a little hug.  When he realized it was his turn he sat up straighter and gulped.

All eyes were on him.

"I'm thankful we made it out of that school.  That we're all here.  All alive and well.  As much as it's weird for me to say, I feel at home."  Mitch became a bit choked up as he spoke the last words.

"And I love you all so much."  He covered his mouth with his hand to hide his shaky smile. 

"Aww Mitchie."  Kirstie came around and wrapped her arms around Mitch's shoulders. 

"We love you too, Mitch."  Kevin smiles sweetly.  "Leigh?  You want a go at it?"

She shrugged.  "I'm just happy I get to be here.  I haven't been here for long but you guys seem awesome."  She laughed.  Everyone joined in.

"Well, we're all pretty much done with food.  Mitchie go get your pie!"  Avi laughed.  Mitch laughed as well and shot back a,

"Don't rush me!  A chef needs her entrance."

Mitch brought out the pumpkin pie he'd made and set it on the counter so everyone could read it. 

They all had the same reaction as Avi when they read the pie.  Scott just smiled up at Mitch. 

"What does pentatonix mean?"  Matt asked.  Scott gladly explained the reasoning behind it.  They all loved it.

"I think we'll stick with it."  Kevin announced.  "Welcome to the pentatonix household."  Kevin said in a goofy accent, causing everyone to burst into laughter.

After they all ate their dessert, everyone went off and did their own thing. 

Scott chewed on his lip as he contemplated making the right decision to do what he wanted to do now. 

He went in his room and grabbed the small velvet box and tucked it into his pocket, running out to the beach deck.

"Mitchie, can you come on the porch, real quick?"  Scott called.