28

Being in his mangled and disoriented state of mind, Mitch ran out of the room. 

He looked rather insane as he had tears in his eyes and was out of breath.

"Something is not right."  Mitch declared, speaking to everyone in the living room.  Everyone turned to each other with confused looks.

"Mitch, you're probably just a little tired."  Scott said softly, taking a step towards Mitch.

Mitch just stared in disbelief.

"You think I'm making this up? I saw it, I saw her!"  Mitch shouted.  He looked at Kirstie.

"Charlotte. You remember her."  Mitch said to Kirstie.  She nodded.

"Is she still there?"  Kirstie asked quietly.  Mitch shook his head.  Kirstie sighed. 

"Who are you talking about?"  Avi asked.  Kirstie looked at Mitch for confirmation and Mitch nodded.

"Remember that time when Mitch and I went ice skating?"  Kirstie asked.  Everyone nodded.

"We met a little girl that day.  She was like us."  Kirstie explained.

"Why? What? How?  What did you do with her?!"  Kevin was borderline panicking hearing this all.

"We took her to an adoption agency.  She's safer there than anywhere else."  Mitch chimed in, sounding sorrowful. 

"I saw her in that room though.  She tried to give me a hug, but she disappeared before I could-"

"Mitch.  Kirstie.  I think you should take a nap."  Avi sighed. 

"But Avi-"

"Just go!"  Avi ran into the empty room Mitch was once in.

The tiniest pin could be heard if one even dared to move.

Nobody in the entire house had ever seen Avi angry.  Sure they'd seen him very focused or trying to get everyone calm.

Never angry.

Mitch looked at Kirstie, Kirstie looked to Kevin, as so did Scott.

"Should we go talk to him?"  Scott asked.

"I'll do it," Kevin Said. "The rest of you just stay out here.  Kirst, can you go check on Troye?" 

Kirstie nodded and rushed to the room Troye was sat in. Mitch slumped on the couch as Kevin rushed into the room Avi was in.

"It's all my fault."  Mitch muttered.  Scott turned to face Mitch.

"What makes you think that?"  Scott asked moving Mitch's hair out of his face gently. 

"If I hadn't freaked out, Avi wouldn't have known about Charlotte."  Mitch said glumly.

"It's not your fault.  Everything happens for a reason Mitchie.  Trust me." 

Before Mitch could respond, probably something sassy or snippy, both Kevin and Kirstie came out of their separate rooms.

"You're going to want t hear this."  They both said with the same fear in their eyes.