10

"Matt?"  Kevin called, hoping Matt regained his hearing.  It's been two days and he's slowly getting it back.

In response, Matt leaped from the bed, making a frightened grunt, and landing on the floor.  Kevin laughed and Matt groaned, eventually laughing with him.  "That was mean."  Matt says.  At normal volume now.

Kevin laughed again and pulled Matt up to his feet.  Kevin raised his eyebrows, smiled, then shrugged.  "Just tryna help."  He patted Matt on the back.

"We should get a cat!"

"Avi move, I wanna sit!"

"Guys! We should watch a movie!"

Were the first words he heard from Mitch, Kirstie, and Scott. They settled on the gray couch and Kevin in the recliner.

On the left end of the couch sat Scott.  Then Mitch, then Kirstie, then Avi, then Matt.  Kevin stood up to pick out the movie. 

After searching through three movie cases, he finally settled on something.

"You guys will love it!"  Kevin hooped back onto the recliner. 

It started out cute.  Everyone was cuddled up on the couch.  An occasional 'Aw' every now and again. 
"Wait, What?"  Matt said quietly.  Soon, nearly the entire group was in tears.

Well, Kevin, Mitch and Kirstie.  The others were hanging on by a thread.  Mitch sobbed into Scott's shirt, while Kirstie got up yelling,

"I didn't sign up for this, I did NOT sign up for this!"  She ran to the kitchen and turned on the sink. 

A beautiful stream of tap water then turned into a violent and quick spray to Kevin's face.

"Aye!  What was that for."  Kevin laughed, wiping the water. The sink turned off and Kirstie stormed back in. 

"I don't like to cry."  Kirstie tried staying serious but failed, ending with her laughing.

Mitch was still crying into Scott's now soaked shirt.  Avi was confused by the whole situation and Matt and Scott were the only ones watching the movie.

"Why?  Why- why did he- who... ugh."  Mitch sunk his head back into Scott's shirt and Scott rubbed his back.

Matt heard Tori and Troye coming their way and opened the door for them.  When they entered a room full of emotion, Troye looked at Matt.

"What did you do?"  Troye asked.  Matt lifted his hands in defense. 

"I don't know, man.  I don't know." 

"Have you guys found out anything else about... the thing yet?"  Tori asked.  Matt glanced at Kevin quickly.

"Uh, we'll get into that later.  It's kind of just a chill out Sunday.  You can join us if you would like."  Kevin politely said.

They both nodded and sat below the couch on the floor. 

Mitch sat up in his mess of a state... and hair.  "HE DESERVED BETTER!"  Mitch bellowed, crying again, slightly scaring Tori. 

Mitch quickly fell asleep on Scott's chest.  Kirstie drifted off leaned against Avi, who was also fast asleep.  Matt had accidentally wrapped his arms around Avi and slept head in head with Kirstie.

By the end of the movie, everyone except Tori, Troye and Kevin had fallen into a well deserved rest. 

"We found some more information about it."  Troye informed.

They had settled for the spare room. 

"Okay great, but I need to fill you in on what happened while you two were away."