24

"Shut up!"  Avi yelled to Kevin, who was pacing back and fourth and mumbling to himself about how it was his fault.

"It's not your fault I told you this."  Avi repeated.  Kevin buried his head in his hands and continued mumbling, quieter now however.

Kevin glanced at Avi and winced. His eye was purple and bruised. To Avi, it throbbed and gave him a constant migraine. He shouldn't look like this. It should've just gone through him. Whatever that was it disabled his power.

Avi didn't bother saying anything further to Kevin. He already knew how much of a mess he already was at this point.

When Kevin realized what had hurt Avi, all the blood rushed from his face.

****

Meanwhile Mitch was also a mess. He talked to nobody. Not even the cat. That didn't mean he didn't cuddle it though.

In fact that's where he'd been all day. He couldn't get the look of a scared Avi out of his head.

Mitch cried. He cried for Avi. He cried that he couldn't have done more to stop it. He cried that it was back.

It.

****

"He hasn't come out for lunch or dinner. Kirst, I'm getting worried." Scott complained.

Kirstie sighed. "He's getting over the whole Avi thing, give him time. He needs it more than any of us... we'll maybe Kevin." Kirstie trailed off.

"Should I go in and talk to him." Scott paused. "Right, the door's locked." Scott frowned.

Kirstie patted Scott on the back.

"Time."

****

Matt sat in his bed. He was on the brink of tears. Had he not been a wimp about the snails, none of this would've happened was what he thought.

He couldn't help but be eaten up by guilt. He could've stopped it.

Somewhere in the back of his mind he New he couldn't have done anything that would stop it.

That was the one thing he couldn't hear.

****

Mitch's breath increased rapidly as rage pulsed through his veins of whatever that thing was. He clenched his jaw and hit the bed in frustration.

He had finally had enough. He stood up straight and opened the door. Kirstie and Scott whirled around in surprise.

"Mitch, are you-"

"No! He can't be hurting anymore!" Mitch argued. He continued to try and find Avi. Scott tried to stop him but he pushed through and practically ran.

When he opened the door to Avi's room Kevin and Avi both froze. They were confused at why Mitch had a red face and was angry.

He attempted to run in but Scott and Kirstie grabbed his arms.

"Stop please," Mitch sobbed. Kirstie and Scott knew exactly what he'd do.

Avi stood up and went to give Mitch a hug.

"No!" Shouted Kirstie. Avi backed up quickly, then grabbed his head because of the migraine.

Mitch pulled, trying to get his hands free.

They didn't budge.

Mitch started to bawl again and sat down on the floor, Kirstie and Scott finally letting go.

He took this moment to make contact with Avi. He hugged him. His eyes flashed a bright green and Avi now knew what he was doing.

Avi tried to back up from the hug, but Mitch kept a tight grip around Avi.

In a couple seconds a wave of relief sent through Avi.

And the complete opposite for Mitch.