31

Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry I've been gone for a while! I got my wisdom teeth removed soo...

Anyways, I'm back!!! And with a long and eventful chapter!

Enjoy 😉

"Well maybe we could all get each other presents, that sounds like something normal people do, right?" Kevin reasoned.

It was November, and the holidays were approaching. Mitch suggested the idea of Thanksgiving dinner and everyone agreed, now it's turned into a whole festive argument.

"Okay, we'll get a Christmas tree and buy each other presents. End of discussion." Avi said.

After that everyone went their own ways.

"I'm going to go get dressed." Scott said to Mitch. He was absolutely giddy for what he had planned for their anniversary.

Mitch smiled shyly and went to his own room to dress himself. He put on a long striped sweater, black skinny jeans, and his cork platform shoes.

He felt cute. He very much was.

Mitch exited his room to see Scott standing there with a single white rose in his hand. Mitch blushes and took the rose.

"Thank you, gentleman." Mitch giggled.

"Come on, we've got a big day ahead of us."

***

"Kirstie, you need to talk to me!" Matt paced the room as he tried to keep under control.

"Lets just let it go, okay?" Kirstie sighed.

"Let it go?" Matt asked. "Kirst, we can't just let it go. I care about you. I just want you to be safe."

"I know, I care about you too, but- the thing probably is just taunting us. I miss my mom so much." Kirstie laid back in the chair she was sitting in.

They sat in silence. Matt gathering his thoughts and Kirstie trying to mask hers.

"You'll see her again, you'll see her again" Kirstie thought in her head over and over again, covering up the negatives.

"You'll be stuck here forever, Matt doesn't care about you." Were the negatives.

"She'll never love you." Were Matt's negatives.

"At least you have her now." Was the thing keeping him from losing it.

"We did it." Matt said, breaking the long silence between the two. Kirstie's eyebrows furrowed.

"Did what?" Asked Kirstie.

"What everyone told us we couldn't do." He said with a glimmer of something in his eyes.

Was it love? Maybe. Was it rage? No. Was it pure ambition and realization? Yes.

"Elaborate?" Stated Kirstie.

"Well, we made it out for starters. Avi got a job, Scott and Mitch are dating. We got a house." Matt rambled.

"I-I met you."

Kirstie smiled at the last sentence. She loved watching him talk. It may have been an odd thing to love, but it was.

The passion, the humor, and the seriousness in all his words mesmerized Kirstie.

That was was only one of the trillion things she adored about him.

With that, she walked over to where he was sitting, sat down next to him, and leaned in.

****

"Scott!" Mitch slid down the hill.

Scott was about in tears from watching the man he loved on a sled, having the time of his life.

When Mitch got up his cheeks and nose were bright red. Scott chuckled.

"Alright, we'd better get you warmed up." Scott wrapped his arms around Mitch and held tightly, rubbing a little to maybe help with him being so cold.

"Where are we going next?" Mitch asked shivering as they walked to the car.

"We got one more stop, pumpkin. Sit tight and I'll get the heater going." Scott said as they entered Scott's car. Mitch took his big jacket off and wiped his wet nose.

The heat felt tingly against Mitch's cold fingers as he placed them by the vents in the car. He shivered from how cold it was.

Scott drove sort of slow to let Mitch warm up. Also to catch small glances of Mitch humming the tunes on the radio.

Finally, they stopped at a building. It looked cute and comfy. It was a little café.

Scott and Mitch unbuckled and hurried in to beat the cold weather.

"You find us a table, I'll order us something." Scott said to Mitch. Mitch nodded and took a seat at a taller table with stools.

As he sat, a woman came up to him. She looked about mid thirties. Dyed red hair and she had a cross expression written all over her face.

"Excuse me, are you a power-human." She asked as if she were disgusted. Mitch nearly choked on his breath as he looked at her with wild eyes.

"Uhm I- why do you ask?" Mitch asked nervously.

"Oh I'm just curious. Wouldn't want any hybrids walking these streets. They're sick that's what they are." The woman went on like she ran the world.

"What is wrong with you?" Mitch asked, he immediately regretted saying it.

The woman widened her emerald eyes.
"You are! You're sick! You are sick you know that?" The woman hollered. Tears formed in Mitch's eyes as he looked hopefully to Scott.

Scott was on his way over to Mitch and the woman in a rather fast pace. Before Scott could make it over there, the woman threw her half drank lemonade at Mitch.

It dripped from Mitch's chin and nose and stained his shirt.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Scott's voice boomed.

"Oh! You must be one too!" The woman smiled a very sarcastic smile.

"Yep, leave." Scott stepped in front of Mitch.

"Oh how abou-"

"I said leave." Scott repeated, slow and quiet.

The woman huffed and stormed out. Scott quickly turned to Mitch and Mitch still had tears in his eyes.

He bit his lip to try and hold them back. Scott grabbed some napkins and helped the one he loved.

Anger still pulsed through Scott but he needed to be gentle.

He'd save the box in his back pocket for a better day... when the world wasn't so cruel.