Chapter 30: Vengeance & Setting A God Straight

Percy POV

The next morning I woke up and stretched while yawning. Next to me Kelli snored quietly yet adorably. I smiled at her, got up and made my way to the bathroom. After a quick shower I got dressed in a pair of white pants, a white tank top, white shoes and and a white hoodie. I decided that back could take a day of. That and I didn't have any black clothes clean. I went downstairs and followed the smell of breakfast to the kitchen where Hestia was gliding through the kitchen. I sighed as I prepared myself for the talk. I cleared my throat and she spun around. When she saw me she smiled warmly.

"You're back. Good." She said. "I am. I thought you would've known that." I said. "No. I guess when you finished the quest I was somewhere else." I nodded. "Talking with Ember?" I asked causing Hestia to freeze. "Who?" She asked innocently. Too innocently. "He decided to pay me a visit Hestia. Told me you told him about me." I said. "I'm sorry. I know I wasn't supposed to say anything, but I was blabbering and Ember's so much like me I thought it be ok!" I cut her off there. "Hestia." She stopped talking. "I'm only going to say this once. If I don't tell them about me, then they cannot know. No matter who you think is ok to tell." She nodded quietly. "If you can't keep a lid on this, then I'll have to erase your memories and put you out." Her eyes widened for a second, before putting her head down. "Ok." She said quietly. "Thank you. Now, do you know where Medusa is? I need to talk with her." Hestia turned back to the stove.

"She's either with Nemean or wandering around the forest." She said. I sighed and nodded. I walked across the kitchen to the garage door. "When she wakes up, tell Kelli that I took Nemean for a walk." The goddess wordlessly nodded. I opened the door and walked through. Nemean was laid out in his side while Medusa rested on his stomach. I sighed and cleared my throat loudly. The monster's opened and she looked at me. "Vengeance. How lovely to see you." She said evenly. "The pleasure is mind, Medusa." I said. "Mmm." She stood up and stretched. "Hestia is quite the cook. It seems I still have things to learn." I nodded. "Yes, she's phenomenal." I agreed.

"So, what does this deal of ours require? Unless you wanted to speak with me about something else?" She asked. "Is there something else you'd like to me talk about?" She shook her head. "Alright then. The deal is simple. You stay here with us and whoever else I decide to bring here, if it's a demigod you don't attack them and you stay loyal until we kill the gods. In return we will help you find your sisters and find a way to release you from your curse." Medusa nodded. "That seems fair. So this is going to be a thee way war?" I shook my head. "No. We're helping the gods at the moment. When this war with the Titan king is over well give the gods two years to recover their strength then we will go to war with them?" Medusa raised an eyebrow.

"Why let them recover their strength? Why not just kill them while their weak?" I sighed. "Two reasons. Number one, we still need to find suitable replacements for each Olympian. That'll take some time. Number two, it wouldn't be a war if half off the participants are too weak to fight." I explained. She hummed in agreement. "Understandable." "I need to take care of some business. I'll be back within a few hours. Tell Kelli." I said then grabbed Nemean as he shrunk down to the size of a kitten and disappeared in a flurry of flames.

I reappeared in the in downtown, Chicago. I wrinkled my nose in disgust at the terrible smell. Nothing, piss and sin everywhere. 'Alright rider. Lead the way.' I thought and started walking. I wasn't going to be able to sniff her out by just standing still. To much sin around. I started walking in a random direction, hoping to find something on her.

TimeSkip

Where could this woman be!? I screamed in my head. I had walked all over downtown and haven't sensed her not once. I just couldn't find her. I even started asking people if they knew her, but no one did. Could she be in a different part of Chicago. It's highly likely. I sighed as this would take hours. I then teleported to another part of Chicago. A few hours and I got nothing so I teleported to Roseland. Nothing at first. I started walking around and eventually caught a faint scent. She was somewhere around here. Or at the very least she's been here recently.