Chapter 14

Kelli POV

I laid in my room on the bed. Wondering what I was doing in my life. Of course I help people and all but why? I used to be one of the strongest emposuas out there. Yea I gained more power, but by nature I should be using that power to kill demigods and destroying the gods. But something is holding me back. Something that makes my knees weak, my cheeks red, my heart skip, and my throat dry.

Percy. I had planned to betray him like the rest, but I couldn't. I couldn't hurt him like that. He looked and smelled like he had been through enough pain. I know, I know, you're a monster why would you care. Honestly I don't know why I cared. It's like I couldn't help it. Plus his silver eyes are incredibly scary when he's angry. Which he used to be all the time. Now he just glares with a smile here and there. I was broken out of my musings when hestia called lunch. I stood up from my bed and walked out of my room. Once I got downstairs I walked yo the kitchen and saw hestia setting the table.

"I'm going to feed nemean." I told her. She hummed her agreement as I walked outside. It was a nice day. The gray clouds block the sun, the wind is cool, but not cold. It's a difference. I walked to the garage to see nemean laying on his oversized cat bed. He looked upset. I understood why.

"I know neo. I miss Percy too. But he has to leave sometimes to keep everyone else safe." I said. I felt like I was talking to a kid though that's normal with nemean. I always treated him like my son. I walked behind him and opened the back door to the garage. Where we kept his food. Or dead animals. Which ever you prefer. I grabbed an elk and drug it to the front of him. He perked up and snatched up the animal, eating it in two chews. He put his head back down and I climbed onto his head and laid down. I slowly scratched his head while I thought about how misunderstood nemean is. Everyone thinks he's just another mindless monster, but he's not. He's literally a huge kitty. He just wants someone to love him. It's probably because rhea spoiled him. I honestly want to know what happened to the titaness. The gods believe she faded after the titan war. Some monsters believe that she just went into hiding in fear of what her children would do to her. I don't know what to believe. Honestly I didn't care until I started to live with Percy. That boy. He changed me completely. I used to be a cold hearted, murderous monster that cared only about myself and my food. Now I help people and actually care. Then someone cleared their throat. I cranked my neck so I was looking upside down. Hestia stood there with a plate in her hand.

"You took longer than you think." She said. I looked at her confused. "Half an hour." She answered. My confusion turned to shock. I turned onto my stomach as she handed me the plate. I placed in front of me and I took a bite out of the sandwich. As usual it was good. I smiled half-heartedly trying to make it seem like I was fine. Unfortunately for me, hestia's mother sense is way too strong.

"What's wrong?" She asked sternly. "Nothing." I said. She looked at me for a while before deciding to drop it luckily. She came and sat down. Leaning on nemeans side. We feel asleep like that. All of us wondering when Percy was coming home.