Chapter 29

Percy POV

I nearly laughed at the face this woman had. It was a mixture of shock, confusion, anger and sadness. I know to most it would feel bad or something, but her facial structure was not built for that mix of emotions and it was just hilarious. She stumbled over here words for a moment before snapping her mouth shut. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. Once her eyes opened she looked me dead in my eyes.

"How do you know her?" She asked. "That doesn't answer my question." She narrowed her eyes, but sighed. "I do know her. She's my sister. Younger to be exact." She admitted. I nodded. "Yea. She looks nearly exactly like you." She smiled sadly. "You don't look like your related to her. You must be her adopted son. Uh Per-." I hurriedly cut her off. "Vengeance. My name is Vengeance and I'd prefer to stay like that." I said. She nodded, but looked confused. "If you are her adopted son shouldn't you know where she is?" She asked. "Things happened and she fled. If you didn't know, Sally changed." Sarah nodded. "Yea. She met this guy named Gabe and." She trailed off as my aura flared angrily.

"Yea. I met him. Anyway, I need to know where she went." I said. "Why?" I sighed in frustration as my patience waned. "Reasons. Now if you know where she is tell me. If not I can leave." We stared at each other intently. "If she hurt you, I'm sorry on her behalf." Now my skin was starting to heat up. The rider getting just as impatient as me. "I'm not asking for an apology. I'm asking for a location." I growled. She was stalling. She knows where Sally is, but is refusing to tell me. "She's in Chicago, Illinois. I don't know a specific address, but I do know she's lives in Roseland." She said. "Thank you." I said just as Pandora jogged up.

"Hey. Sorry I took so long. Ready to go?" I grabbed Pandora and Sarah's shoulders and disappeared in a flash of flames. We reappeared at the same bus stop that Annabeth, Pandora and I were at in the beginning of the quest. "I don't know specifically where you live so you'll have to make your way from here." I was going to disappear, but Sarah grabbed my arm. "What are you going to do?" I stared at her. "I told you my name." I snatched my arm away and teleported home. I popped up in front of the door. Ahh, home sweet home. Finally. I took a deep breath through my nose. The wonderful scent of the forest. I opened the door and walked in. The house looked empty, but I knew that Kelli was probably up in her room.

She never left the house unless with me. I started up the stairs quietly. I wanted to surprise her. When I got up stairs I walked into my room and quietly closed the door. I needed a shower. I grabbed a few nice clothes and walked into my bathroom. Finally. A nice, hot bath. I turned on the water and got in, letting the hot water cascade down my body and completely relax me. Have you ever sat down in the shower and just thought about random things? The things not even making any sense? If you haven't I highly recommend it. Wait until everyone is sleep at night, get in a nice hot shower and just let your mind wonder with no restrictions or focus. Heaven.

I spent like four hours in the shower before I got out and got dressed. A black long sleeve, black jeans, black combat boots and my normal sunglasses. I exited my slowly and crossed the hall to Kelli's room. I peeked inside and saw her sleeping with the covers wrapped around her tightly. She probably missed my warmth. If you didn't know, emposai are cold blooded and need warmth. That's why they have flaming hair. It balances out their body temperature when they sleep so they don't freeze to death.

I walked into her room and to her bed where I sat on the edge. Honestly I didn't want to wake her up, but I knew she would kill me if I didn't tell her as soon as I got back. I gently shook her shoulder. She did nothing. I shook her again and she turned over and mumbled 'go away Hestia'. I chuckled under my breath and shook her again, this time I called her name to. She groaned and cracked an irritated eye. I expected her to not really know what was going on, but when she saw me she instantly sprang up and out of the bed. Latching her arms around my neck and legs around my waist.

"PERCY!!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. I smiled and laughed out loud. "Oh my gods you're back! You're finally back!" She said happily. "I am." I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world which it was. "I know that, but I'm so happy! You've been gone for so long." She said burying her face in my neck. I tightened me arms around her and did the same. "I know." I mumbled into her soft skin. Gods how I missed her. "I'm back now and I'm not leaving for a while. "Promise?" I thought about it, but only for a fraction of a second. Sally can wait. "Yea. Promise." I squeezed her tighter for a second then put her down.

"Go take a shower and get dressed. Nemean, you and I are going to have a picnic." I said. Her eyes lit up and she rushed into her bathroom. I smiled and left her room. I went downstairs and to the kitchen. Surprisingly, Hestia wasn't there. She must be on Olympus. I walked through the kitchen and into the garage. There my beautiful, golden friend was laying. I flicked in the lights and he picked up his head. "Hey, body!" I said. Nemean got up completely and roared in excitement. He bounded over to me and pounced. I let out a off as I hit the ground with a much smaller lion on me. He licked and nuzzled my cheek while purring affectionately.

"I know, I know. I missed you too. Much more than you know big guy." I scratched his mane. We continued this until I heard someone clear their throat. Nemean and I looked at the now open garage door and there stood Kelli. Let me tell you. She looked beautiful. I mean she always beautiful, but now it's more so than anything. She wore a white, low cut, button up, sleeveless blouse with a black leather jacket, blue skinny jeans and black heeled sandals. Her brown hair was curled at the edges with the moon shining on it making it look godly. I just laid there with my mouth hanging open. How could I not? Kelli had to be the most beautiful person on the planet. Nyx doesn't count as the night is technically the sky.

"Kelli....you look." I couldn't even finish my sentence. She blushed and looked down. "I uh, I got the basket. Are you ready?" I dumbly nodded. Nemean got off of me and regrew to his full size. Kelli and I hopped on his back and he took off into the forest. After a long and exciting ride with the wind whipping at our faces we stopped on a cliff over looking a huge lake. We could see the stars and the moon perfectly. If there was one thing I had to grudgingly and very much reluctantly compliment her on it would be how beautiful the moon was. We all sat down in the light of the moon at took out the food. We didn't bother with a blanket.

"This is nice." Kelli said. "Yea, it's been a while since we've done this." I replied. She smiled and leaned into me and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. We just sat there in the peace of the night with happy smiles. Even if we didn't do this again for a while we'll still have this memory forever.

And that's it. Thanks for reading!

No more.

Ok. You can leave now

There's nothing else. It's over.

I've finished the chapter. Leave!

You persistent and determined fuck. Alright, you win. Here.

"Hey Percy?" Kelli asked a bit hesitantly. "Yea?" I asked. "There's s-something I've been meaning to roll you." She said. I looked down at her. "What is it?" She just stared at me for a minute. Not saying anything. Then she did something that made me freeze from pure shock.

She kissed me.

Her lips were as soft as pillows and smooth as silk. My brain stopped working in its entirety and all I could think about was Kelli. After a minute she started to pull back, but I wasn't done. Not yet. I needed more. I needed to feel her lips on mine so grabbed the back of here head and pulled her back in. She made gave a surprised yelp, but didn't try to pull away. Instead she just leaned further into it. I could feel her smile into the kiss which I couldn't help, but smile back. When we pulled away we were both gasping and panting for air.

"I love you." She whispered. I smiled wider. "I love you too."