Chapter 9

Poseidon POV

I sat in my throne thinking when a merman guard swam into the throne room and bowed. I nodded to him and gestured for him to speak.

"We were not able to find this boy that you spoke of mi'lord." He said. I thought about it. I had been looking for the strange boy for a couple of days now but nothing had come up. Its like he never even existed. I was just starting to think that I would never find him when an idea came to me. I dismissed the merman and called my sister mentally. A couple of seconds later hestia appeared before me. I stepped down and hugged her.

"Sister. It's good to see you again." I said. She smiled and said,"It's good to see you as well poseidon. How are you?." "I'm fine. What about you?","I'm good." I nodded and led her to a room that had more than one chair. "So, I have a feeling that you called for a reason and not just to see how I was doing." she said. I nodded. "Well, do you remember that boy that came to the throne room and offered help to us a couple of months ago? Vengeance, I think he called himself?", "I do remember him. And yes vengeance was his name." she replied. "I understand you two were talking before he was noticed by the rest of the gods. Did he happen to tell you were he lives?" I asked. She looked at me questionably. "Yes he did,but if you want me to tell you I couldn't. It is not my information to give. However I could ask him if he would like to meet with you. I want to warn you though. Vengeance is not a people person so do not be offended if he declines. He is incredibly nice once you get to know him but he also does not like drama or people offending him." she said. "Of course hestia. I would never offend someone intentionally without reason to." She nodded. "Ok. I'll go ask him now." With that she stood and disappeared in a flash of flames.

Percy POV

"Your doing great percy. Just focus a bit more." Hecate said as she watched me train with the mist. I was pretty good with it. Hecate said I was better than any of her children and that sooner or later I would be just as good as her. Right now I was trying to make Kelli think that she was in a forest instead of the training room. If you could guess I was working on illusions. Hecate said that I wasn't ready to bring those illusions into reality yet. That's the thing about the mist. It mixes the properties of illusion and reality. Places are normally illusions, while objects can be reality. Key word being can as a weapon in the demigod world could be a mace canister, a pen, or a shotgun in the human world. I was just starting to get Kelli to belive that she was in a forest when a burst of fire broke my concentration. Everything disappeared and I let out a very frustrated sigh.

"Come on tia, I almost had it!" I yelled. She just chuckled. "I'm sorry percy, but someone wanted to talk with you and I they couldn't find out where you lived." she said. "That's the whole point of a secluded cabin." I mumbled.  She looked at me with a stern motherly look. I rolled my eyes. "So who wants to talk to me?" I asked folding my arms. "Poseidon does." She said simply. Ok confused. "What for exactly?" I asked. "I don't know. All I know is that he wants to talk to you. I thought about it. What does the sea god want. "Fine tell him we can meet tomorrow at ten o'clock sharp at a chess park(A/N: don't know what they're called) in New York." I replied. She nodded and left in a burst of flames. "Now percy, back to training." Hecate said. Training wasn't really hard. I'm a fast learner so it doesn't surprise me that I had gotten so good in so little time. I looked back at Kelli and concentrated on her mind and how she saw things. The forest started to reappear. I concentrated harder and as I stared at Kelli I could see a faint blush on her beautiful dark skinned cheeks. I ignored it and focused even harder giving myself a headache. She started to look around in awe. I could also see a hint of pride in her eyes. I looked to hecate and saw her eyes were full of pride. Soon the headache became too much and I let the illusion go. The forest slowly disappeared  and turned back into the training room. I fell to my knees and tried to get my head to stop spinning. I felt a pair of soft yet firm hands grasp my shoulders. I looked up to see kelli's beautiful chocolate brown eyes looking at me worryingly. Hecate summoned a square of ambrosia and a small cup of nectar and gave it to me. I instantly ate the ambrosia and gulped down the nectar. Feeling better I stood and smoothed the wrinkles out of my pants.