Chapter 25

Annabeth POV

The car was quite as we drove down the street. Pandora and I were staring at Vengeance as he glared at the rode. You might get question how we knew he was glaring. Well, his eyebrows were scrunched up angrily. Like he was having an inner conflict.

"Uhh, Vengeance?" Pandora called tentatively. The boy just sat there and drove. "Vengeance?" She called again, but got no response. "Vengeance." She said touching his arm and making him jump slightly. The car jerked a bit, but was quickly righted. "Uh, what is it?" He asked with a sort of angry and thoughtful tone, but it didn't sound like it was directed at her. More at himself. "I just wanted to know if you were ok." She said. "I'm fine." He paused and sighed. "Just thinking about some things." Pandora nodded and looked back out the window. I kept my gaze on him for while longer I too turned back to my window.

After a while of just driving through desert we came to a gleaming chrome diner. Deciding to get something on our stomachs we pulled into the parking lot and got a booth. A waitress came over and popped a hip.

"Well?" She said raising a skeptical eyebrow. "Double cheeseburger with fries, an order of onion rings on the side and a strawberry milkshake. You guys order whatever you want." Vengeance said absentmindedly. "I'm do you have any money kid?" She asked. "Do you accept credit cards?" She nodded. "Then yes." She held out her hand for his card, but he just glared from behind his glasses. Despite this action he handed over his card and she inspected it, before leaving. Suddenly the ground rumbled and a motorcycle the size of a baby elephant pulled up.

The bikes headlight glared red. The gas tank has flames painted on it. A shotgun holster was riveted on both sides. The leather in the seat looks exactly like Caucasian skin. All talking in the diner stopped completely as everyone turned to look at the door. The guy on the bike is tall and overly buff. He donned a red muscle shirt and black jeans with a black leather jacket. Black biker boots, red wraparound shades and a knife was strapped to his thigh. I instantly knew who this was and I didn't like it.

When he came in a hot and dry wind blew through the diner. Everyone got up from their seats, but when he waved his hand dismissively they all sat back down. He slid into our booth, but it's too small for him which resulted in me practically becoming part of the window. I instantly felt the urge to pick a fight or punch something, but was able to fight it down.

"Ares, what are you doing here?" Vengeance snarled. "Mind your business punk, I'm not here for you." Ares growled back. "I'm protecting these two so even if your here for them then I'm still involved." The god of war glared hatefully, but smirked soon after. "Alright, Fine. I have a favor to ask of you." Vengeance then cut him off. "Not interested." Ares scowled. "Last I checked you're not leading this quest." "That's true, but I dictate what happens on it, so leave." Vengeance said hatefully. "Do you? Do you really let him call the shots on a quest your supposed to be leading?" Ares asked Pandora. Pandora looked scared and kinda confused, but then anger and pride started to take over her features. She turned to say something, but one look from Vengeance and she was cowering in the corner.

"Yes, yes I do." She stated weakly. Ares grumbled. "Well, how bout this then. You do me a favor, I'll repay you." The god offered. Just then the waitress came back with our food. She slid mine over to me, then Pandora's then set Vengeance's down in front of him as well as handing him his card. "Uhh Annabeth, when did she leave?" Pandora asked me. "I...I don't know. Wait better yet, when did we order?" Us girls looked at each other for a minute before shrugging and digging in. Way to hungry to care. "Anyway, I'll humor you Ares. How will you repay us?" Vengeance asked eating an onion ring. "I'll make sure you have a ride west." The god answered with confidence.

"We already have a ride." This just caused Ares to smirk even more. "Ahh Yes. That stolen car. Wonder how the police would react to you driving a stolen vehicle." Ares said smugly. He was sure this would work. Big mistake. "How would the gods react to having to find a new god of war. I wonder?" Vengeance tapped his chin in false thought. The gods aura flared angrily and everyone in the diner started to glare at each other. Luckily he pulled it back before people started fighting. "You think you can beat me punk?" Ares whispered dangerously. Vengeance simply took of his glasses and showed his eyes. Which were pits of fire.