Bad Side

Banks
As soon as he opened the door I was with the shits. My first mind told me to just come and beat his ass for the shit he pulled but after speaking with my mother I knew that doing that wouldn't solve anything. I was going to handle this situation differently for the sake of my baby girl but next time I won't be so pleasant. Thinking about how all of this could affect Blu saved Ayden from the cruel shit I had in mind for him.

"Imma tell you this one time bruh." I started. "It's not too many more times imma let you handle B like you did. To top it off you did all of that shit in front of Blu. I don't know how you used to handle her before but I'm her man now and that's not how we fucking operate."

"With all due respect, this has nothing to do with you." He spoke up closing the door behind him as we stood face to face. I still had the urge to knock his goofy ass out but I fought against it. Fighting with Ayden would only make it harder for Blu to see her dad and that's the last thing I wanted. Seeing Ayden makes Blu happy and I'd do whatever it takes to make her happy even if that means not knocking her punk ass dad out.

"Look, I really don't want to get in between the shit with you and Blessen when it comes to Blu because that's not my place but when you come in a house like you run it and harm my woman that's where I'm drawing the fucking line."

"I don't want no beef with you bruh." He pleaded as I nodded.

"It's no beef. The niggas I "beef" with are no longer around." I spoke honestly. Beefing is for females. Any nigga I despised was put away long ago so he wouldn't have a chance to get me first. Ayden definitely doesn't want beef with me. "Do what you gotta do to be around Blu again. You and your girl have a hand problem and maybe that's where it starts."

"I'm not with Brookelynn anymore. I'd never be with someone who hurt my baby girl. She means everything to me. I used to be a lot of things but she brings out the best in me, honestly. I apologize for how I came at B but I didn't know how else to react. I haven't seen or spoken to my daughter in so long I just snapped. I'll call B myself and apologize."

"Give her some space. Y'all both need to cool off and I'll set something up for you both to talk cause Blu misses you."

"Thanks bro." He said offering me his hand.

"Thank God." I said ignoring his offer and walking away. The only people he should be thanking is my mother and God cause I was mad enough to end his life.

I sighed as I entered the car and drove away. I called to check on Blessen and Blu but Onyx informed that they were asleep.

I made it to my destination in about twenty minutes. I sighed once again before stepping out of my car. The words "Club Miami" was lit up in a cool blue color. This place was my father's pride and joy as well as his barber shop that he owned in the rougher part of town.

I admired my father for his hustler mentality. He always had plans on how to make a buck and that same mentality was instilled in Carter and I but I never wanted to handle things the way they did. I did all my shit legit and honestly that made everything I had for myself more impressive.

"Hey lil Empress." Klyde greeted me calling me by my father's name as we shared a dap. He had been security around here since I was a baby and no one has ever fucked with him. I wouldn't say that people feared him but everyone knew that he wasn't someone to play with.

"Wassup kinfolk." I greeted him.

"What you doing around here, B? You never come here." He said as I nodded agreeing with his statement. I stay far away from my father's bullshit but today I wanted to see where his head is at. "I hope you not getting into Empress's shit."

"Nah, you know that's not for me." I said as he nodded.

"Who's the lucky lady?" He glared at me as I laughed.

"Yoooo, how can y'all tell that shit?" I asked still laughing. I didn't even have to announce it anymore. The fact that I have a woman was obvious to everyone now.

"You're letting your hair grow out and you're getting hefty. Niggas never wanna cut their hair when they get a girlfriend. She be like "who you trying to get cute for nigga?" He teased as I continued laughing. I was now holding my stomach cause I was laughing so hard. Blessen always said shit like that when I cut my hair. She liked when I walked around here looking like a caveman.

"Man, let me in. I didn't come here to play with you." I said as he stepped out of my way and I waltzed in. It was empty so I took the time to admire the place that my father had built from the ground up.

"Beautiful, right?" A voice said as I looked up and was greeted with my father.

"It's aight

"It's aight." I teased as we shared a hug before I followed him into his office.

I took a seat before him as he smiled at me.

"My favorite child."

"You sure it's not Khaia?"

"Well, yeah you're right. You're my second favorite." He said as we shared a laugh. Even though Khaia isn't my dad's biological kid, sis has him wrapped around all ten of her fingers and toes.

"Dad, why did you call me to come here?" I asked cutting straight to the chase. I hated how he was making conversation about everything but the obvious.

"Banks, you know why." He said as I sighed. It's been written since I was born to take over my father's club and barber shop, but I always vowed to never get into my father's mess. While the club and the barber shop generated legal streams of income, I know the crooked shit is still a part of dealing with my father's businesses. "You're smart Banks. Very smart. I want you to handle the books here and at Klassic Kuts. Make sure the money is right and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less."

"I hear you but as smart as I am I know that's not all there is to it. I'm not in the business of getting my hands dirty at all. My business is legit."

"That street shit is for Carter. I hate it but that's who he is. I blame myself for exposing him to all of my bullshit and that's why I took a different route with you. I used to want you all to be like me and that's the worst thing I could ever want for my kids. I know how I got what I got but it's here and the only person I trust to run it is you." He said as I took in everything he said. Carter loved the fast life, the money, and the drugs but that was never me. My father did expose him to all of that and that's what made him think that shit was okay. On the other hand, my father kept Khaia and I away from all of his mess which is why I feel differently about it all.

"Okay, I'll help you but as soon as shit gets crazy I'm out pops. I can't afford to be in this shit moving wrong and all that. I have a legit business and a family I'm trying to build." I spoke truthfully as he nodded.

"That's all I need son." He said before he stood up and I did the same sighing inwardly. I was still questioning what the hell I was getting myself into.

"I got you pops."

"I love you son."

"I love you too." I said as we shared a hug from across his $2,000 custom desk.

I hoped that I was doing the right thing even though this all felt so wrong.
_____________________
Banks in MM🥰