Oh Baby

Banks

"Thanks for keeping her Granny." I sighed as my grandmother took a sleeping Blu from my arms.

"Of course. She's my baby too." She said as she sat on her favorite recliner with Blu still in her arms. Usually I would fuss and tell her that Blu was big enough to sleep on her own but I had bigger things to worry about at the moment. She can baby Blu all she wants.

"I'll see you later." I sighed with a million thoughts flowing in my mind at once. My emotions were all over the place but I am really trying my best to stay calm considering the current circumstances.

"Keep me updated on Blessen."

"I will." I said before rushing out of the door. I hopped in my car and sped to the hospital. I was worried sick because Blessen wasn't answering the phone and had never made it home as soon as she usually does. I became terrified when I got the call that she had been in an accident.

I feel like I'm the cause of it all. When she called me about the brake light being on I should have told her to stay put and went to get her myself. I feel so stupid for not taking the situation more seriously. I literally changed Blessen's brakes last week. There is no way that they mysteriously just gave out on her today.

I pulled up to the hospital in no time. I rushed to the front desk and greeted the nurse before requesting to see Blessen Baxter. A doctor heard me ask for her and told the nurse that he would bring me to her.

"Dr. Ilan." He said as he shook my hand.

"Banks King. I'm Blessen's boyfriend."

"I'll take you right to her. She's so lucky to have blocked the airbag because she saved herself a lot of damage. It's amazing that she caught it  because it comes out as soon as a hit occurs. She busted her nose and bruised up her arm pretty bad but she's okay. Her and the baby are okay."

"Baby?" I questioned as we stopped in our tracks. I was happy to hear that my baby was okay. It was also scary to know that things could have ended in the worst way which made me feel lower than I did before and on top of that a baby? Our baby. Blessen has been feeling out of the ordinary but we always had an excuse in her change of health. We would be having a baby soon and I am feeling afraid, excited, and more all at once.

"She made nine weeks pregnant today actually." He giggled a little. "She was more shocked than you when I told her."

"When she wasn't feeling well she met with her doctor and was told that she wasn't pregnant." I said scratching the back of my head trying to make sense of it all.

"That's strange. Her files show a positive pregnant test with her visit to her physician." Dr. Ilan stated. He had a mask on but I could still see the confusion in his face.

"I'm more confused than you." I frowned. I didn't have the answers for anything and that frustrated me even more. Where has my mind been all this time? Something fishy was going on around here and I made it my business to figure out what exactly was going on.

"That's strange. I'll look into this." He said as we stopped in front of a door. "She's awake and stable. You have a strong one on your hands."

He patted my back before rushing away as I sighed. I was nervous to see Blessen and I didn't understand why. I finally found the courage to open the door.

I looked over at Blessen as she fluttered her eyes open.

"Baby?" She croaked.

"I'm here mama." I said rushing over to her side and caressing her face gently as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I'm sorry I didn't protect you."