Family Ties

Blessen
"Why you looking all nervous?" Banks asked as he drove to his parents' home.

"I'm not." I lied. If his parents didn't like me this would be something that could harm our relationship. I was growing so attached to Banks so I hoped that I can make a great first impression.

Onyx had met his parents already and from what Onyx told me they adored her. I was just hoping everything would fall in line for me as well. I wasn't going to fake shit though. I was going as my pure self and if they respected it, cool. If not that would just be something they would have to deal with.

"Blu, do you think your mommy is nervous?" He asked Blu who was busy playing a game on her iPad.

"I know I'm smart and all but I can't read minds. Try asking her." She said as I gasped. I never knew what would come out of this child's mouth. It was worse because she wasn't even trying to be sassy, that's just how she talks.

"Bluuuuuu." I whined. I really hoped that she wouldn't say any off the wall shit once we made it in front of Banks' family. I still haven't allowed her to see her father since the incident and I was still unsure of what to do. Blu is smart and she asked about her dad every single day and I didn't want to deprive of her of the relationship they share. I know Ayden didn't put his hands on my baby but I felt like if he would have been better with keeping an eye on her this situation would have been different. He played just as much of a part in this as Brookelynn.

"I don't bother him when he plays that 2K stuff and I don't bother you when you watch American." She said as I shrugged.

"It's above me now." I said as Banks and I shared a laugh. Sis was right she knew when my show was on to stay away and she did just that so I can respect her peace when she's on her iPad.

"It's cool mama. When you on that jawn I won't even bother you not even to go get some pink ice cream." He teased as she looked up from her tablet. She was a sucker for ice cream, especially the "pink kind".

"Banks, I didn't say all that. That's an exception to the rules."

"Yo, who made sis?" Banks said as I laughed.

"A bomb mommy. She is me. I am her." I teased.

"Bomb indeed." He said as I smirked. We rode the rest of the way to his parents' house in silence besides the censored Meek Mill he had playing on the radio.

We pulled up to this beautiful mansion and I was in awe.

"This is your parents' house?" I asked looking over at Banks who was smirking and nodding

"This is your parents' house?" I asked looking over at Banks who was smirking and nodding. "It's beautiful."

"It's aight." He teased as I giggled a little. My little one-story house didn't have shit on this place but I loved it. It was just right for my sister, my baby girl, and myself. Banks and Carter basically live with us as well.