Ch. 35 - Only for you

King Agustus ****

--------------

Hi miii lovelies ! 💞

Thank you so much for staying tuned 😊

Show love and care by hitting vote, dropping your most inspiring comments and thoughts 😊

Thanks 😘

- Checapps 💕

-----------

Yuda.

"I brought you flowers..." King Agustus smiled at me.

It's been two days since I left the palace due to the 'informative argument' I had with Laverio.

He didn't came after me or apologize at any way.

And I don't know how would I ever react incase he did.

"Thanks." I forced out a smile.

"Actually, I would like to take you for what mortals call a date." he returned my smile.

I swallowed discreetly.

I don't have the strength for this! "Sure."

It wouldn't feel this heavy if only Laverio asked me out instead of the king.
My feet begs me to remain standing here.

My mind, out of politeness, begs to do the opposite. Plus my practical side of reasoning urged me to stand to myself because I will not just mope in here like a brokenhearted girl. Especially if there is someone who is willing to keep my mind off of that ungrateful mate I have.

His face lit. "Very well... Come with me."

"Could you spare me a few minutes so I could change?" I asked softly.

He shook his head, still smiling.
"No need, you are perfect just like you are now."

If only Laverio say the same things to me. If only he could settle with me without the odds on our way, without the odds bugging him with everything that was set on his shoulders.

Oh the things I would do just to be one of everything he must consider.

But I know that's impossible.

Arabella, the treaty, his coven, everything.

"You sure?" I asked.

"About what? About you not changing or about you being perfect?? Cause' I'm sure with both."

"You don't have to go being a cheesy head on me, King Agustus."

He chuckled.
"My bad then."

No matter how kind he is, the thought of his proposal being more than friends with me causing this discomfort I have within.

I heaved a sigh secretly. "Then let's go." I faked another smile.

This will be a long day.

///////

"You didn't really have to..." I told him as he guide me to a fancy restaurant.

King Agustus rent the whole place for three hours!

"This is the least I could do for being occupied. I shouldn't have both you to my realm and have myself committed to my duties."

I shook my head in disagreement.
"You are the king. That's what you do. You prioritize people and their well being because it's your duty. You have to put them first before yourself."

He smiled as he pulled a chair for me to sit on.

He then took the other seat.

"Still, I have to keep in mind that I shouldn't have treat you that way. No matter how thick my alibi is, it won't be enough. I should've cleared my schedule so to make sure everything is smooth. But I didn't, I get too excited with the thought of spending the day with you." He frowned.