Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

"So how are going to do this?" Markos asked.

"What," Anthony started. "I thought you are the expert in these-whatever this is-why asked us?"

"This is a rescue and a very suicidal mission, Wilder," Markos grounded out, practically seething. "If you are going to end up asking for explanation for every damn thing I'm going say just leave."

"How did this end up suicidal?" Ryan asked as he surveyed all the maps that Markos acquired on such short notice. They were currently huddled up on Markos' 'spy room', as he calls it. A huge map on the middle of the mahogany table. They had been trying to figure out how to go in without Julianne and her cronies figuring out.

"I don't think Julianne would only need a couple of bodyguards on this one?" Markos commented. "She came from a respectable family. She already has her one security team. But figuring the fact that she just kidnapped your sister, a royalty, my guess she had upped her security measure by a couple of or not a hundred percent."

"Why doesn't she call? Ask for ransom?" Anthony asked. "How are we going to be sure that Victoria is even in Italy. For all we know, Julianne might be lying or Italy is not the place where it all began? How sure are we on this?"

Everyone was speechless. They were in a huge room where there are about a bunch of people working looking for Anastasia Williamson. Nobody uttered a word after what Anthony had said.

"She wouldn't call," Charles spoke for the first since they had been in the spy room. he stood there hands in his pockets standing overseeing the Italian skyline through the one way mirror. "Julianne wants Anya dead. She said so herself. She wouldn't call. I'm not even sure if Anya is still alive. But we have to find her."

"And you trust her?" Ryan asked once what Charles' said sunk in. "Julianne is a psychotic bitch. I wouldn't trust her."

"But I wouldn't call it a bluff either," Markos commented.

Ryan and Anthony looked at him.

"Julianne. You said so yourself, she is a psychotic bitch. She wouldn't hold back." Markos explained.

"But we need to smart with this," Charles said.

"We have too," Markos agreed. "One mistake. One slip up. The whole mission is going to be blown over."

Suddenly a beeping sound could be heard throughout the whole spy room. "I found her."

The four immediately flashed to the woman who had said it. They watched the screen where they saw Julianne Longstar in her deep red gown walking in the arms of some man in the Salvatore Hall, one of the most prestigious places in Italy.

"Well, she is not exactly hiding." Charles commented as they watched her.

Suddenly his phone rang. He turned to it. Eyes widening when he read who it was.

"Mom?" Charles asked slightly concerned and a little bit worried. "Why did you call?"

"Where are you, young man?" his mother's voice growled through the phone. Charles had forgotten to tell his mother about the impromptu trip.

Well, all of them did. Nobody knew that they had left the campus on the back of Ryan's car. Nobody except for the headmistress. Nobody can get pass her. It was like she was a spy.

"Everyone has been searching for you," his mother continued to rant. "Don't bother lying cause I am well aware that you and Anthony had escaped the school premises in Ryan's car."

"Mom," Charles said desperately trying to make her understand. "We are going to save Anya."

"We are saving Anya." He corrected.

"Where are you three?" his mother said again.

"Mom," Charles said cutting off his mother from ranting anymore that she already did. "You're breaking up. I can't hear you." He made fake static noises in between the words before ending the call.

Ryan smirked. "You need to practice in the static sounds. They were horrible. I give a four."

"If I don't have to feel a little bit of camaraderie about this, I would go a little lower than that," Markos said. "I'd say two."

Charles rolled his eyes as he pocketed his phone. He walked back towards the table they had vacanted. Papers had littered on top of the table.

"So what are we going to do?" Anthony asked.

Ryan looked at Charles as if they were having a silent conversation.

"We can't kill her! Or apprehend her. She'll probably have us killed on the spot." Anthony continued babbling. Nobody paid attention to him.

Markos ignored Anthony as he stared off the two who still had there silent conversation.

Finally, Charles nodded.

"We go talk to her!" Charles said. Silently he added. "We need to rescue Anya. We have to find her."

***

Footsteps. Lots of them. It was the only thing that she could hear, aside from the thumping off her own heart.

Anya was kept in another house. Quite different from the last one. This house was spacious and airy, different to the first two ones' dark and gloomy atmosphere. The light actually hurt her eyes. She was quite accustomed to the dark walls. No sunlight or even lights.

Everything was a blur. Not surprising since she had been fed since the last house hours ago. Not that a couple of crackers and a glass of water were anything to go by. The only time that she could actually remember eating anything that could satisfy her upset stomach was that day's breakfast.

She wasn't sure if a day had passed since she was taken. She doesn't exactly have access to time with out her phone or watch that they had taken from her. Dawn was approaching. That information she knew from the chiming of the grandfather clock somewhere and the mumbles of the two men assign to guard her.

"No one really bothers with her?" She heard one of them asked out of nowhere.

"Huh?" The other asked.

"I mean for a Lady," his companion explanied. "No one had bothered with her. No calls. No search party. Nothing."

His friend contemplated on what he said. He later agreed.

"You're right." He said. "There isn't a frenzy on the news on so-called the missing Lady of Gardenia."

"Jack was right. This was a complete waste of time. Where is the money that had been offered? Nobody is even looking for her. This completely useless. Why are we even guarding it isn't like she could run away? She is tied for gods sake!"

Anya watched them. Even with the unpleasant situation she was in Anya couldn't help but she just had to smirk. They are pathetic. The buffoons that were guarding her were completely useless. If she wasn't starving to death, sleepy and bone tired, she could have escape by now. The quality of people Julianne had hired to guard was declining with every move that they did.

Anya groaned out when her sight blurred and her head hurt. Her head had been throbbing ever since Julianne hit her with a book. Especially since she had been pressuring her to remember things Anya didn't even existed-- like hee brother Andrew.

Julianne insisted that she has one. But Anya can't recalled anyone named Andrew, much less a brother of her. As far as she had known, she only had one brother. That is Ryan.

But by the way she insisted, Anya is almost convince by her. So where is Andrew?

Anya could remember her asking Julianne that but it earned her a book pummelled at her head. She wasn't sure she could risk asking her again that.

She doesn't even know where she is. All she knows is that she is away from London. The heat explained that part well as well as the plane ride.

She needs to get away from here. She needs to escape.