Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Victoria walked out of the Mess Hall before Alexa could utter another word about her and her family. She followed the girl she knew as Zoe de Vann.

Zoe de Vann is a scholarship grant student just like Victoria (or as the school thinks). She shared a floor with her and many others in the Dormitory

"You wouldn't have to come with me," Victoria said, "You know?" They were walking along the covered pathway that surrounded the grand fountain in front of the school towards the Literature Building East side of the school.

"No, it's okay," Zoe replied. "I have to get back my draft for the Book Report from Professor Slater, anyways."

Victoria smiled. "Okay."

They were silent from a moment before Victoria broke it. "What are you doing your report on?"

"I'm planning on doing A Tale Of Two Cities." Zoe replied. "Actually."

"That's a great book!" Victoria gushed out. "I have read that book. I like it."

Zoe smiled at her.

"Oops, my bookworm side is showing," Victoria said embarrassed.

Zoe laughed.

They walked up the steps of the Literature Building and unto the direction of the Teacher's Lounge. They walked down the familiar hallway filled with different paintings of famous writers.

They reached the end of the Hallway in front of a large mahogany door that was slightly ajar. Out came a petite girl.

"I'll gave it to her, Mr. Slater," she called out before she close the door behind her.

"Oh Zoe," she said. "Hey Victoria!"

"Hey!" They replied.

"Mr. Slater wanted to me to give you these." She handed Zoe a thick folder before she turned back to Victoria. "They are waiting for you inside."

"Okay thanks." Victoria nodded before the two left leaving her alone.

"Bye," They said.

"Bye," she waved good-bye before she faced the door and pushed it open.

Victoria walked inside the Teacher's Lounge of the Literature Department of the school.

"Professor?" she asked as she walked in the room.

"Oh Victoria, dear," Professor Patterson greeted her. "What can I do for you?"

"Zoe said you called for me," Victoria replied, confused.

"Zoe?"

"de Vann, Professor," she replied.

"Oh yes," she said as realization dawned her face. "Travis said something about that. Wait, let get your draft first." She stood up from her desk and went towards the door found on the corner of the room.

The Literature Teacher's Lounge is the same as from the other Teacher's Lounge throughout the school. The walls were filled with shelves and shelves of books. The room had one big window located on the west wall. The huge window overlooked the English garden at the back of the building.

The walls that weren't filled with shelves were painted with in rich mahogany brown that greatly complemented the furniture of the room. Cream and beige colors were the couch of the living room set inside the room.

Victoria watched the figures placed on top of the coffee table. There was a chipmunk, a teddy bear, and a dog.

Victoria was still absorbing the beauty of the room when she heard a shuffle behind her. She turned thinking that it was Professor Patterson but before she could see who it was a hand covered her mouth muffling her scream.

She struggled against the iron grip of her captor. She tried to turn to see who it was but the hand kept her head in place.

"Tie her hands," the man who had his hands on her mouth growled. "I can't continue this any longer. The girl is strong."

His companion quickly grabbed hold of her hand that was trying claw the face of the man behind her and tied it tightly behind her back. When the rope was secured behind her back, the man let go of her mouth and the other hit something in her back. Victoria figured they were trying to get her unconscious but the beefy man missed the spot.

At that moment, instead of sagging down like the captors expected. Victoria fought the drowsiness that started creeping in and ran to the door. She jumped over the coffee table and couch towards the door, knocking off the figurines in her rush.  She made a move towards the door.

She wanted opened it, and then she later realizes that it was no use considering that her wrist are bounded behind her. She desperately tried to open the door but it was useless. It was locked. She can't do that backwards as well. She realized that the shuffled she heard from earlier wasn't from that storage room opening but the door, the double door of the teacher's Lounge. They were locked in.

She turned with her back against the wall. There were four of them. How could she not realize that earlier, she didn't know. All of them were buff and beefy. Muscles of steel. It was going to be difficult fighting them off especially with her hands bounded behind her in sailor's knots.

"Get the girl!" the man who has the only pale colored skin in group growled. She recognized his voice as the man who caught her earlier.

Victoria's eyes darted from left to right as she eyed the three men advancing towards her.

"Oh great," she moaned in despair. But her stance was defensive waiting for the right moment to strike.

The one on her left jumped at her first. She threw her entire weight at him knocking both of them towards the bookshelf. Books fell towards them. Because of what she did, the two other men used her preoccupation to their advantage. They tackled her. Victoria bit one of them in the hand. He yelped back smashing against the first greasy faced who was still was trying to stand up from being tackled by Victoria.

"You bitch!" he came for her again but she kicked him between the legs just like what she did to the third beefy man and he howled in pain.

"Amateurs," the man from earlier said. He had been so silent the whole time that Victoria forgot about him. Her head snapped to his direction.

He stood up from the velvet chair he sat on behind the desk. He slowly approached her and Victoria made an initiative of stepping back.

Her hands were hurting because of the rope burns.

"Who are you?" Victoria asked.

"My dear Victoria," he said. "You don't recognize me?"

"Should I?" Victoria said confused.

"Little Butterfly," he said sweetly.

Just as the words left his mouth, something flashed in Victoria's mind. But before she could ponder on it any longer she felt someone hit her on the neck and the next thing she knew blackness enveloped her.

Author's Note: I DO NOT know how to write this chapter. This is completely difficult for me. But there is a first time for everything.

Read. Vote. Comment.....

Stay awesome, guys....