Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty Six

"I'm loving Angels instead..."

The music resonated from his earphones as Charles watched the unconscious form of Anya Williamson on the hospital bed.

The whole room was quaint and pale. White walls of the room combined with the white fluorescent light made the room unbearably bright. On the bed lay a pale Anya Williamson. Her red hair was the only thing that gave color to the unusually pale girl.

With her eyes closed, she had been unconscious for a long while now. The doctors had explained that it was due to being completely beaten almost to death and the trauma of situation.

She had only woken up once. And it was on the day after she was rescued.

Charles thought back when she had opened her eyes. Anya wasn't even herself when it happened. She woke up with a gasp. Everyone immediately flocked around her, checking on her vitals. But she wanted nothing off it. She was looking around the room as if she was searching for somebody before they fell on them.

Ryan and Charles were instructed by the team of experts that she had needed space and that they needed to step away from her as they examined her.

"Hypocrites," Charles heard Ryan muttered under his breath.

Charles just looked at him before turning his gaze to the redhead seated on the bed. She was looking at them. Charles could tell that she had a question in mind.

He watched her silently asking his own question in his mind. He turned back to the brunette standing beside him.

"What do you think is she thinking?" Charles whispered to the brunette. Ryan was watching every medical staff that had been poking and prodding around her.

"I don't know," he whispered. He looked at him. "But I have a feeling that I am not going to like it."

They turned back to the redhead who hadn't left her eyes on them.

"Ryan?" she asked. "Where's Andrew?"

Charles noticed the way how Ryan's eyes widened to hear the name that had been left forgotten for so many years. He watched as the color drained from Ryan's face. He stood there frozen and completely pale.

The slow beeping sounds of the monitor that had keeping tabs of Anya's vitals had changed drastically. The erratic beeping of the monitor now filled the room as every medical staff in the vicinity once again flocked at the distraught girl on the bed.

Charles turned her attention to Anya. She was clutching her head. Pain visibly painted on her face. But before she could do more or than say the words, "I remembered." the doctor had already sedated her. She lay limply on the arms of the woman nurse who was helping her back down.

"She remembered?" Ryan asked, gasping beside Charles.

"What do you mean?" Charles asked.

But his question fell on deaf ears as Ryan moved forth to the head doctor assigned to his sister.

"What is happened to her?" he asked.

"Has your sister experience any brain problems?" the doctor countered. "Memory loss maybe?"

"Memory loss?" Charles asked. "You mean amnesia?"

The doctor nodded solemnly. "That is what I mean."

"She-" he turned to the brunette in questioned.

"She did experience amnesia," Ryan replied. "Back in the time when our brother died. Well, she has amnesia."