Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

The door creaking open brought her back consciousness. Her wig long forgotten. It wasn't there anymore, staying atop her head. Red tresses fell over her face covering her face from direct view from the men who walked in the room.

She watched them behind her red curtain of hair. Walking behind the three men who walked in the room was a woman with bleached blonde colored hair.

"Wake her up," she ordered. She stood directly in front of her. The woman's eyes pierce through her very soul.

It was then that she noticed that one of the men had a bucket of water. He slowly inched his way towards her with the bucket ready in his hand. He raised it up with the intention of pouring it over her but—

"Wait!" the woman ordered. "Don't think I don't know that you are awake Anya. I want to see your face."

"Huh?" one of the men said.

She came forward stopping just a few inches away from Anya's face. The woman pulled Anya's red hair up and tied it tightly with a black rubber band.

After she had done that, she went back to where she stood signaling with her hand to pour it down.

Ice cold water greeted Anya. She shivered at the coldness of the water. She could feel her hands stinging behind her.

"Leave us," the woman ordered.

The men immediately bided the woman's orders and left the room.

"Anya. Anya," she said her name in disappointment. She tsked pacing across the floor. However, she smiled maniacally stopping in front of her. "Did you like the bath?"

Despite the shivering, it was the first chance that Anya had to observe the woman.

The woman was beautiful. There was no doubt about that. Her blonde hair was tied neatly into a bun. She was a rather tall woman with sun-kissed skin. She looks young no older than in her late twenties.

"What?" she asked. "Can't talk? Cat caught your tongue?"

Anya looked at her confused. In her mind, there is this nagging feeling that she somehow saw her before. But, she can't where or when.

"Who are you?" she asked for the first time since she was taken. Her throat is sore from the lack of use for the past few hours.

"Don't remember me?" the woman asked. "Don't play dumb, Anastasia. You're not the blonde one between the two of us. It's me and I am not dumb."

"But you surely are stupid," Anya could stop herself from muttering under her breath.

The woman's eyes glared at her. Her dark blue eyes were like the color of the deep sea at night. It was almost like the color black.

"I really don't know you," Anya said truthfully staring back at the woman.

The woman scoffed. "Remember the fire at the Villa in the Almafi Coast, Anya?"

"Fire?' Anya asked genuinely confused. Just as the words left her lips, something flashed in Anya's mind. It was a huge house completely devoured by fire. She didn't know if it was her imagination or was it a memory or something. But what she knows is that, instead of answering the question it only left her more confused than ever.

Her trail of thoughts was broken when she felt a sharp pull on her head. The woman was now pulling her hair. Up dragging her out the room and down the hall.

They walked down the huge and equally pristine hallway.

"You bitch," she growled. "I never really believed in that amnesia crap the doctor declared years ago. But if that's the case then we'll have to go with plan B."