Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

The trip to the carnival was wonderful. They spend the entire afternoon hanging out. Catching up with each other's lives. It was like just that summer afternoon in Malibu.

They went on every ride despite Victoria's fear of heights. Charles had to bribe her just so she would climb in The Sky Rocket, the highest and fastest roller coaster in the entire carnival.

"You owe me big time for this, D'Angelo." Victoria said as they got out the ride. Charles was helping her as they made their way towards the nearest bench.

"You never told me you were afraid of heights!" He said as he assisted her on the bench but she slapped his hands away from her.

"And have you laugh at-I think I'm going to be sick," she moaned as she leaned against the bench with her hand on her head. She was breathing deeply.

Despite the tanning cream that she applied on her skin, Victoria looked pale. Like sickly pale.

"Are you going to be okay? Do I need-"

"No, you don't need to. I'm going to be fine in the next few minutes," Victoria said waving off his concern.

Charles started feel guilty. She sat beside her despite her protest on how she doesn't like him coming near her. When she didn't fight after a few failed tries, Charles hugged her. Resting her head on his shoulder, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him.

Victoria's hands unconsciously snaked around Charles returning his hug. Charles was surprised. Victoria never returned any of his advances since she found out about him (not counting the time she was grasping his arm tightly back in the roller coaster, she wasn't thinking). Having her hands around him wasn't awkward as he first thought. It was something. There is definitely something to it. He hadn't figured it out it. But it wasn't awkward in fact, it was far from it.

It was something good.

Before he could think of an explanation of the feeling he was experiencing. He felt Victoria shift around his arms. Her head was rested on his shoulders looking for a more comfortable position. That was when he noticed that Victoria fell asleep in his arms.

He figured it was finally time for them to head home. He had a long ride ahead of them back to the Academy.

***

Victoria woke up confused as to how she arrived at the comfort of her bed. her shoes were now on her rack. The teddy bear Charles won her on one of the carnival games sat beside her head on the bed. It white fluffy arms wide as if waiting for a hug.

She rubbed her eyes to get rid of the sleep before she sat up. She still wore the Alyssa's shirt from yesterday and her jeans.

"Morning," Elizabeth greeted her as she walked out of the bathroom with her hair covered in a towel signaling that she just finished a shower.

"Morning," Victoria replied. Standing up from her bed, she made her way towards her wardrobe and took out a new batch of clothes to change into after taking a bath.

Elizabeth was smiling knowingly at her beside her vanity table.

"What?" Victoria asked after she notice her best friend sitting at the foot of her bed facing her with a twinkle in her eyes.

"So you went on a date..." she trailed off.

"Great!" Victoria muttered. "I shouldn't have opened my mouth."

Elizabeth laughed. "You know me better than that. Even if you did. I will force you to spill. You and I both know that. There are things I can do to make you spill what happened on that date."

"First, it wasn't a date," Victoria said smirking at Elizabeth. "Second, I'm taking a shower."

Victoria made her way to their bathroom leaving Elizabeth laughing on her bed.

She closed the door, stripped from her dirty clothing and stepped under the shower.

She finished her shower with a few minutes to spare before the start of the breakfast hour.

"You know," Elizabeth said. "You should really stop living in the bathroom."

"As if," Victoria said smiling cheekily back at her.

"You were there for almost an hour." Elizabeth said exasperatedly. "What were you doing in there?"

Victoria opened her mouth to reply as cheekily as possible but Elizabeth cut her off.

"You know what?" she said. "I don't even wanna know."

Victoria laughed as she placed down the combed back to her bedside table.

"Breakfast?"

Victoria looked at Elizabeth who was grinning ear-to-ear at her and back at the big fluffy white teddy bear seated on her bed.

"Let's go Amelia Elizabeth Paige," she huffed walking out before Liz could remember about interrogating her about yesterday.

They arrived at the Mess hall to find it rather buzzing with life. Not the usually buzz, but more like panicking. The excitement was loss replaced by panic. Everyone was talking amongst themselves. The two noticed how almost everyone, except for the popular crowd, was looking rather alarm as they glanced at the doorway. It was as if they were waiting for someone to announce World War III.

"What is going on?" Elizabeth asked curious. She forgot all about Victoria and all her questions for her.

"The Devil Duo is back from their vacation." Hayley replied as their plate was passed to them by the personnel.

"Who is the Devil Duo?" Anthony asked the same time Elizabeth asked question.

"Valerie and Andrea are back from Milan?"

"Yup," Hayley nodded.

"Who are they?" Anthony asked again but the two girls ignored him.

Valerie Jane Park is the fraternal twin of the school's resident drama queen, Alexandra 'Alexa' Park. As much as they are just fraternal twins, they are still twins and they have the spotlight of the school. Though Valerie is minimal in the bitchy department, she still rules the school. Everyone loves her. She can manipulate you or insult you with a smile on her face that you wouldn't know what hit you.

Alexa and Valerie doesn't really have a lot of difference in the physical appearance since both are tall, fair skin and blonde. Though they do differ in the shade. Alexa's platinum while Valerie had the natural thing going on except for a few highlighted strands of green and pink. One straight while the other is curly. In the eyes department, one brown while the other is blue. Other than those they have a lot in common.

Andrea Ackers. She is Valerie's best friend. One does not go without the other. They are practically inseparable. They stick together like glue-much thicker than glue.

Andrea is a daughter of a famous American talent manager, Alexander Ackers. With looks that could easily rival a Victoria Secret model, she uses it to her advantage. Long brunette colored hair with the tips dyed in a lovely shade of blue, pale skin and bright green eyes. She is named as one of the top five most beautiful girls in the school.

However despite her angelic looks, she has an attitude that could easily rival Alexa's demonic ones.

"They are going to make Victoria's life a living hell," they continued talking amongst themselves.

"Isn't anyone going to answer me?" Anthony asked.

Victoria gave him a small smile. "You'll know them soon enough. Knowing them, it won't be hard to miss them."

"Besides," Hayley said. "They'll be arriving today anyways. It won't be long."

Elizabeth said. "They like to make an entrance."

[BFF's Note: hey guys... rose here...my twin just updated this so awesome story.. hope you would love it as much as I love it, even though i haven't read it.. anything my twin writes is sooooooooooo awesome.. So you better read it and vote for it... it would make me so happy.. hahaha xD

Enough said. Got to go.. We have to study!!! Bye Bye!!!

-VanillaSweetKelly signing off. ]