Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The dinner bell rang like it usually does on the seventh of the evening and Victoria had managed to finish all the homework the professors decided to give them on the first week of school so that she would have a free weekend. She fixed up her things up before her put on her nerdy looking glass and tied her hair in to a ponytail.

She looked at herself in the mirror checking if to see if everything was in order. Once she was satisfied, she took her phone and the keys to their room from the bedside table and slipped them in her jeans before exiting the room to the Mess Hall for dinner.

She arrived at their table just as Elizabeth and Hayley sat themselves at their places.

"Hey guys," Victoria greeted as she sat down in front of Hayley and Elizabeth.

"Hey!" they said in chirped tone before they resumed to their hushed conversation.

"Can I have the assurance that you two are not plotting anything against me?" Victoria said looking at the two with suspicion on in her gaze.

"How could you say that?" Elizabeth said with mocked hurt.

"Well," Victoria said as she received her share of dinner. A piece of sliced pork, mashed potatoes, and slice of lasagna. Pineapple juice and a slice of chocolate cake. "Thank you," she said to the personnel before she faced her friends again who were doing the same. "You two have been secretive the entire week since Monday and it only been a week. You two are acting like twins. And now, you two are now talking in hushed tones. What is going on?"

"Nothing," the two said.

"We have just managed to find what we have in common," Elizabeth said smiling slyly.

"Yes," Hayley laughed nodding in agreement. "We have."

"Which is?" Victoria said taking a bite of her food.

"Aside from clothes and boys, even if Hayley has a boyfriend, clothes and many more," Elizabeth said flapping her arms in the air for exaggerations. "Most importantly, you."

"Me?" Victoria said.

"Yes, you," Elizabeth said. "You are glowing when you got back over the summer. I thought it was just me but Hayley managed to notice it as well. So tell me, have you gotten laid over the course of time of summer?"

"What?" Victoria shuttered. "How could you say that?"

"Well," Hayley said. "Okay, that might have been exaggerated. So let's start small. Have you met someone over the summer at least?"

The mention of meeting someone, Victoria could feel a blush starting to rose to her cheeks.

"Oh my gosh," Hayley squealed. "She is blushing. So you did meet someone, didn't you?" emphasizing the word did as she and Elizabeth's grin grew bigger and bigger.

"You can say that." Victoria said sheepishly. "But we could never be. I met him over the summer when my parents and I went to my grandparents in their house in Malibu. I was in the bar when I met this guy. He was like a guy who walked out of some Vogue magazines. He was so hot with his piercing silver eyes and black and unruly shiny midnight colored hair and pale complexion. He was as on vacation like I was."

"Did you get his name?" Hayley and Elizabeth said giggling.

"Yeah!" Victoria said dreamily as she recalled that night in Malibu on the bar drinking and talking with that hot stranger whom she told everything to, her woes, her achievements, what she is capable of, her family, her friends, her dreams and most importantly, who she is.