Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Her heart pounded in her chest as she looked at the boy who was standing a few feet away from her. It's not him.

It can't be.

Victoria thought to herself. It can't be him.

Even when they only met twice over the summer, she could still remember him. Every single thing about him.

The last time they saw each she never thought they would see each other again. It was that thought that made Victoria very courageous in telling him about her. The whole truth about her. Of course, after he swore he would never breathe a word out to others. Even when he is a complete stranger to her as her to him, she believed him.

Now, he stood in front of her. His hair is still unruly as ever. His silver eyes bright and luminous as she remembered.

He wore the school uniform for the boys; a pair of black pants, a black suit jacket that has the school crest on it breast pocket underneath is a pair button down and plaid blue vest and a blue necktie.

He was being constantly clung on by Alexa. Victoria could see him subtly telling her to let go of him.

He may be born in the 21st century but he has manners from the 18th. It was one of things that interested and attracted Victoria to him that night at the bar in Malibu a few weeks ago.

"We should go," Victoria said urging them to hurry passing the crowded hallway as everyone wanted a glimpse of the new student, of the new royalty.

"What? Why?" Elizabeth nodded but Hayley asked.

"Alexa alert," Elizabeth said pulling Hayley faster but not fast enough as Alexa saw them. But instead of  Alexa calling out, it was...

"Tory?" a familiar male's voice called out.

Victoria continued walking her head bowed down.

"Tory," Hayley whispered. "He called you OMG! He is calling you! How does he know you?"

Elizabeth, on her other side, was also asking the same thing.

"Tory," he called out again but this time. Footsteps followed them. "Wait up. I want talk to you. Please."

"You should talk to him," Hayley said softly.

She felt Elizabeth urging her to stop and so she did. She took a deep breath before she turned towards that handsome man who was calling out to her.

"Hello, your majesty," she said in a clipped tone.

"Tory, I told you to call me Charles," he said standing in front of her leaving Alexa to glare daggers at her. "Remember."

"I remember," Victoria whispered. A small smile found its way on her face before she could stop it.

"So," Charles said a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends, Ri?"

"Ri?" Hayley and Elizabeth said confused looking at Victoria with an annoyed gaze. Their hands on their hips. Another nickname. But Victoria hates nicknames. The only one she tolerates is Tory.

"I don't know, Charlie," Victoria said hotly annoyed of another nickname. "I'm starving so. I better head to the dining hall and you go back to your company because I'm pretty sure she hates waiting." She said, looking over his shoulder to Alexa.

"Charlie?" Hayley and Elizabeth whispered at each standing side by side looking at the scene in front of them. "What is going on?"

"Dining hall?" Charles said. He knew that she was annoyed at him but he really wanted to talk to her. He didn't care if she didn't want to talk to him. She is one stubborn soul. He knew that. But that wouldn't stop him. She knew that he is as stubborn as her. He wants her to understand the way he did with her situation.