Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Victoria sat on her seat on her History class. Her seat was at the back near the window where she could see the view of outside. The trees and grassy field and manicured garden and graveled and cemented walkways.

Victoria always loved the outdoors, contrary to public belief.  May it be reading a good book under a sturdy tree or playing or simply basking in the sun and breathing the fresh hair, Victoria always love it.

 Victoria had a pen on her hand and her notebook and book opened before her. The professor gave them task of giving a brief description on the start of the World War. She already finished her work and was looking over. Looking for grammars and spelling wrong, Victoria was meticulously writing away on her notebook.

The First World War started from a local war between Austria-Hungary and Serbia when the Serbian nationalist assassinated Austrian Archduke Francis Ferdinand and his wife on their official visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina on July 28, 1914.

The local war evolved when Germany declared war against Russia August first of 1914....

"Victoria?" she could distinctly hear someone call her.

She looked up and saw the brunette boy that Alexa had been clinging since he arrived.

"Yeah!" she said confused. "Can I help you?" she pulled up her glasses as they slipped out of her nose.

"Umm, I'm Anthony Wilder," he said. "I was wondering if your finish with your work and if I could borrow your book. I haven't had mine yet, I'm still gonna pick them later. Office was close over the weekend."

"Of course," she handed him her copy of History book. "Here it is."

"Thanks," Anthony said before he turned his back towards her and scribbled away in his notebook. "Is it okay if I return them to you later?"

Victoria shrugged. She was done anyway. She closed her notebook and tucked the pen on its case in her bag. Once she was done, Victoria remembered how everyone's views about her were divided since that try-out last Saturday. Some changed and treated her nicely after that, while others stayed the same, and some like Alexa and her 'friends' made another reason to hate her and 'make her life like a living hell', as Alexa put it.

She remembers the soda incident last night.

Victoria was just commenting about how a lot of people started to look at her different because she could shoot an arrow.

"Big deal," she said. "I could shoot an arrow and I got in the Archery Team. So?"

"Exactly," Alexa sneered behind her before Victoria could do anything she felt a could sticky substance dumped into her.

Alexa laughed as well as some of the people on the cafeteria who had witness what happened. Her friends too dumped their sodas in her head before Elizabeth had enough and slapped Alexa in the face. The slap resounded throughout the entire hall making everyone stopped.

"You bitch," Elizabeth growled.

Before Victoria was shocked, but Elizabeth's voice as well as Hayley, who was by her side immediately, she seems to snap her out of her shock. Victoria was now holding them back with the help of Adam.

"It's not worth it, guys," Victoria said calmly as she restrained the two girls. "Let it go."

After that incident, Victoria remembered taking a shower to rinse out the sticky substance away from her body. She remembered scrubbing her hair to make sure that the soda was totally gone before she went to bed.