Chapter One

Chapter One

Victoria paid the cab driver and pulled her suitcase and carry-on as she slid out of the cab. Those were the only things she had with her as the rest of her things would be arriving in a couple of days.

She turned to the look at the school that screams aristocracy. From the massive iron wrought gates to the thick brick walls that surrounded the school premises, there's no wonder why the school is chosen by royalties, successors, future leaders and those who are just filthy rich to educate them.

"It is going to be another long year!" she thought to herself.

As she walked towards the school, she could see and notice people staring and sneering at her. Muttering 'commoner' under their breath as if the word was plastered on her forehead in bold letters, Victoria didn't heed them any mind them. She had a couple of years of experience and had already settled to ignoring them.

Cross Academy is like a small city in itself, with a lot of infrastructure that dated back from the eighteenth century. There is a huge English garden with a fountain found in its center going to the main building where school offices and other facilities are found. There are trees of different kind scattered all around giving the cool breeze of air. The green grass that was found everywhere was trimmed meticulously. There were also other buildings that stood proudly all around the place. Covered walk ways were found to and fro these ancient buildings.

In short, the whole place was like something out of story that is dated in the Victorian Era.

Victoria ignored all the stares and glares that were sent her way as she dragged her suitcase and continued to make her way to the Main Building. Just like what she usually does for the past couple of years, she made her way to the School Office for her schedule and dorm assignment.

When she arrived at the School Office, she knocked on the door thrice before opening it and going in. She was greeted by a straight-laced secretary who was doing alot of paper works.

"Umm...excuse me," Victoria said settling down her suitcase before looking back at the new secretary, "I am here for my schedule and dorm assignments."

"Yeah?" the blonde secretary said without looking up from her work. "Name please?"

"Victoria Rostova."

After hearing her name, the secretary's eyes popped out. She looks up from her work and stared at her. "Umm...I...am....completely sorry, Ms. Rostova. The Headmistress is waiting for you. I am sorry I am new here."

As if it wasn't as obvious as before.

"She is?" Victoria asked completely confused. She didn't expect that nor did she expect the fact that efficient secretary to shutter before her. The headmistress might have said something to her secretary about herself.

"Yes, Miss Rostova," she said standing up from her seat towards the huge elegant mahogany door at the end of the room.

After a discreet knock followed by a muffled 'come in', Victoria found herself in front of an elegant middle-aged seated behind the mahogany desk on the middle of the room

"You wish to see me, Headmistress," Victoria said.

"AH! Miss Williamson," the regally dressed middle-aged woman greeted her as she sat down on her comfy leather chair. "Come in. Take a seat, dear."

"You know very well," Victoria said. "That I am using my mother's maiden name here, headmistress Griffin. It's Rostova."

"Ah yes, Rostova," she said smiling as if recalling a very fond memory.