~17~

Third-person POV

It's been months since the thing with Chanyeol and since then, Jungkook and Chanyeol have been hanging out a lot. Chanyeol would walk Jungkook to his classes although Jungkook insists that he's fine walking alone. Taehyung noticed all of this and tried to be cool about it. The last thing he wants is to make Jungkook hate him for killing Chanyeol.

"Hey dude," Namjoon appeared beside Taehyung as they were walking to class, "You look like something was forced into your ass. What happened?"

Taehyung glared at him, "Nothing,"

"You just glare at me and say nothing? What is it?" Namjoon continued to annoy him

"I don't like that Chanyeol guy," Taehyung said through gritted teeth and Namjoon smirked

"The one that's been around Kook lately?"

"Yea, how you'd know?" he asked, surprised

"I've seen them walking around and your glare that could kill the poor guy," Namjoon chuckled at Taehyung's mad face

"Poor guy? He fucking stole Jungkook from me!" He said as he crossed his arms

"Stole Jungkook? Dude, you guys live in the same room, for god's sake," Namjoon said as he grabbed his notebook from his bag

"Yea, okay but I don't see him at the cafeteria anymore and I can't walk him to classes anymore because someone replaced me," Taehyung said, emphasizing the word 'someone'

"Looks like somebody is jealous," Namjoon sang and Taehyung shot him glares

"Yea, I'm jealous!' he said too loud, causing the lecturer to stop talking

"What's going on back there?" the lecturer questioned

"Nothing. Sorry!" Taehyung said and the lesson resumed

"Then, you better go get him before the guy does," Namjoon said

Then, the class was interrupted by a loud sound of the door opening. Everyone's head turned towards the door

"I'm sorry,"

"Take a seat, Chanyeol," the lecturer said

"He's in our class?" Taehyung questioned and Namjoon nodded

"Yea, he has always been. You just never noticed," Namjoon shrugged

-------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook finally finished his classes. He excitedly went back to his dorm to find Taehyung. However, the room was empty and it kind of disappointed him. He probably isn't done with his classes

He then walked around the campus, trying to look for Hoseok. That's when he bumped into Chanyeol.

"Hey, Kook! I've been looking for you!" he shouted and jogged towards Jungkook

Jungkook smiled and waved, "What for? Did you need anything?"

"No," Chanyeol nervously glanced at his shoes, "I need to tell you something. Meet me in the garden? Just a few minutes,"

"Yeah, sure," Jungkook answered, feeling odd

"Great, meet me there!" He said before running off

Jungkook shrugged and started making his way there. When he reached the garden, a memory hit him - the day Taehyung stood up for him when Yoongi was about to rip his throat off. He faintly smiled at the memory as Chanyeol turned around and invited Jungkook over to the bench.

Jungkook sat beside him, "So what did you want to tell me?"

Chanyeol looked down as he fidgeted in his seat, "U-Um I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time," he cleared his throat, "I-I like you, Jungkook. You are such a beautiful human being that always captures my attention no matter what you do. I hope you feel the s-same,"

Jungkook just sat there, stunned at what just happened, "I-I" before he can finish, Chanyeol leaned in and pecked his lips.   

Jungkook's eyes widen as he covered his lips quickly, "What the- Chanyeol!"

Chanyeol face turned red, "I'm sorry! I couldn't help it,"

Jungkook sighed, "I-I'm sorry Chanyeol, but I don't feel the same. I think of you as my friend. I'm so sorry but I hope you find someone who will love you just as much as you do,"

Chanyeol's vision turned blurry and he looked away quickly - not wanting to cry in front of Jungkook. He had his head hung low as he whispered, "Is it because you have someone that you like already?"

Jungkook bit his lip, debating whether to tell him or not, "U-Um, well-"

He was cut off when Chanyeol said, "Let me guess, Taehyung?"

Jungkook's jaw hung open, "I-I um-"

"Just say you like him, it's obvious anyway. I was just dumb to try. Somewhere deep down, I knew you would reject me because of him but I was still blinded," Chanyeol whispered, as he wiped his eyes

Jungkook grabbed Chanyeol's shoulder, "Chan-"

Chanyeol yanked his hand away, "Don't- the last person I need comforting from is you,"

That was the last thing he said before abruptly walking away, leaving Jungkook with guilt piling up. After a few minutes of just contemplating what happened, he got up and decided to go to his room. When he got there, he found the dorm empty. He found it odd since it was pretty late and all classes should have been done by now. He shrugged and laid on his bed, tired of the events today. He genuinely thought of Chanyeol as a friend and it was obvious from Chanyeol's actions that he did like him but Jungkook just shrugged it off as a friendly gesture.

Now his heart is feeling heavy at the thought of Chanyeol probably crying in his room or something. He decided to take his mind off that by distracting himself with his laptop. After watching a few episodes of his favorite tv series, he realized it was very late - 10.30 p.m. He checked his phone but there were no messages from Taehyung. He decided to call Namjoon.

"Hey, Namjoon hyung? Do you know where's Taehyung?"

Namjoon's raspy voice responded, 'Um- he left class with me and we separated ways 'cause he said he wanted to find you,'

"Oh, but hyung he's not back. Where do you think he went?" Jungkook started panicking

'I don't know, Jungkook. Let's wait a bit more. If he doesn't return in 30 minutes, we'll go look for him together,'

"Alright, thanks. Bye hyung,"

'Bye,'

Jungkook sat on his bed, worried as he thought, 'Where are you, Tae?'