Chapter 32

(Y/n) was unconscious in the hospital for two days, Hitoshi was worried sick, but every time he looked at her, her face seemed to hold more colour. The vitals never slipped either.

The doctors said that it was just that her system got shocked when she suddenly reached the maximum level of quirks it could safely take, and in order to get used to it, and so she didn't take anymore, she passed out.

While he wished that he could see her eyes, or her smile, there was still something beautiful about how calm she looked as she slept, her mouth half open, and her eyes closed softly.

Hitoshi was sitting next to her, holding her hand as he did everyday, watching his sleeping girlfriend.

"Hey (Y/n), I want to tell you about what happened today. I've been accepted to the hero course. We can be in the same class..." Hitoshi said, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb. "I hope you wake up soon..."

(Y/n)'s fingertips twitched minutely, barely visible. Hitoshi didn't notice the movement, and lowered his head from looking at (Y/n)'s face to her hand.

(Y/n)'s eyes started to twitch slightly. She was trying to wake up, hearing Hitoshi, and having heard him for the whole time.

"I know it wasn't for very long... But I miss you." Hitoshi said, sounding very upset and it was obvious how much (Y/n) meant to him.

(Y/n) managed to move her hands enough to grip Hitoshi's hand, that is the moment that Hitoshi noticed that she was waking up. He gasped, looking at (Y/n)'s face with hope.

(Y/n)'s eyes kept twitching as Hitoshi stood up, one hand still being held by (Y/n) but the other free.

"(Y/n)?" Hitoshi asked, excited, but nervous to get his hopes up if she didn't wake up, this was more movement than usual, but she had moved before without waking up.

"Hi... Toshi..?" (Y/n) asked, slowly opening her eyes with great difficulty.

Hitoshi hugged her tightly, relief rushing through him causing his uncharacteristic response.

"What's going on?" (Y/n) asked, gently wrapping her arms around the purple Aizawa.

"You're finally awake. You're okay." Hitoshi muttered, not quite believing what was happening.

"I'm fine... I'm right here." (Y/n) said, realising what must have happened and stroking Hitoshi's hair in hopes of calming him down.

Hitoshi sat up, sitting back on the chair, holding her hand. "I made it into class 1-A." Hitoshi said, as though he couldn't think of anything to say.

"Congratulations! I know how much you wanted that." (Y/n) said, smiling just as brightly as she always used to.

"Yeah..." Hitoshi said. "Do you know which quirks you have?"

"Other than my own, no... Then again, I haven't been able to find out." (Y/n) pointed out.

"Oh, and by the way, All Might won the fight, and Bakugo got away. He was fine, so he's been told to stay in his house, or at least within his parents property." Hitoshi said. "A few pro heroes were injured, but the worst were out of the hospital yesterday. Everyone else was okay."

"That's a relief. I'm glad everyone else is okay." (Y/n) said, genuinely happy and relieved that she was the person who was in the hospital for the longest time and that All Might won.

The doctors came in and saw that (Y/n) was awake. They gave her a few checks until they decided that they had enough proof that she was healthy enough to go home.

Obviously (Y/n) was staying with Hitoshi's family still, but she was given the same rule as Bakugo. She had to stay in the Shinso property.

That, while meaning that they couldn't go out on any dates, wasn't the end of the world. Hitoshi's parents were willing to leave the house for enough time for them to have a date inside the house, or just stay upstairs and give them the bottom floor.

Not to mention, that the family got a new pet kitten that was so cute. They got her the day before (Y/n) had to leave so she didn't have very long to play with the cute little fluffball.

When they got back, after being picked up and driven home by Mihoko due to the hospital contacting her (while (Y/n) had been given a pass to go home, she was still supposed to rest as much as possible), the little ball of squeaky fluff came wobbling towards the two teens. Hitoshi and (Y/n) bent down to stroke her, and she let out the cutest squeek ever. She was small enough to be held in one hand.

The two laughed about how cute she was and (Y/n) picked her up, holding her close to her so that she didn't fall. Hajime walked towards them, wearing an apron because he was in the middle of cooking everyone dinner.

"Good to have you back!" Hajime said, smiling.

"It really is, we were watching the news, and it was really surprising when you ran forward like that. You need to make sure that you're careful though." Mihoko said, looking at her with concern.

"I will." (Y/n) said, a little embarrassed.

"Good. You're a member of the family now." Hajime said.

Over the rest of the holiday Hitoshi and (Y/n) both worked together to find out all of the quirks she gained. One of them was a mutation type, which had required her to actively start, but she couldn't remove. It gave her green wings that actually worked to let her fly.

She found out on her own that she had taken the quirk that created tears through the space-time continuum, but she decided to not tell anyone... At least not yet. The doctors didn't know how many quirks she had, so everyone assumed that they knew all of them.

She decided to stay there for a while longer, to get closer to her part brother and so she could be closer to her boyfriend for longer. It was lovely to be in the same class, because they sat next to each other.

After the provisional liscence exam, (Y/n) finally revealed that she had the tearing quirk. Pretty much everyone was accepting of why she didn't tell them, but they did agree that she should go home. It was a horrible affair to say goodbye to Hitoshi as both were emotional.

There were surprisingly few tears, but both throats were choked up. Mihoko said Hajime both had bought goodbye gifts for (Y/n) and gave her parental hugs before she finally left.

The one thing she hadn't known, is that the teared continuum stayed that way.