Chapter 16

"Is she okay?"

"She'll be fine. She just had quite the hit to the head."

"Why did she even bother helping me?"

"Because that's what she's like."

(Y/n) could hear the voices of Recovery Girl, (F/n), Shōto and Hitoshi through the darkness that seemed to consume her.

She started to stir, ever so slightly, as she tried to wake herself up.

"Look! She's waking up!" Hitoshi's voice rung out, a little distorted, but still understandable and recognisable.

"Don't ask her too many questions, that was no light injury." Recovery Girl said, as (Y/n) finally managed to open her eyes.

"(Y/n)!" (F/n) called, hugging her tightly.

"Can't... Breath..." (Y/n) said, patting their back.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just so glad you're okay." (F/n) said, sheepishly rubbing the back of their head.

"It's okay." (Y/n) said, giving off her angelic smile.

"I'm sorry." Shōto said, with his well known monotone.

"It's okay, I'm guessing you won." (Y/n) now directed her Izuku-esque smile at Shōto.

"Yes. Why did you bother helping me?" Shōto asked.

(Y/n) looked surprised. "Well... Because you needed more help. Besides, you helped me out a while ago. What goes around comes around."

"When did I help you out?" Shōto asked, his usual blank expression being replaced with one of confusion.

(Y/n) smiled again. "You probably don't remember, it wasn't exactly a lot, but before you joined UA, you ate at a ramen store and the waitress got attacked by a drunk customer and accidentally used her quirk. When the manager came to find out what had happened, you told her and the waitress got to keep her job. I was that waitress."

"Oh." Said Shōto. "I'm glad I was helpful, I guess."

"Well I would probably be living on the streets if it wasn't for you, so yeah, you really were. Actually, that was the first time I even knew that I had a quirk, I thought I was quirkless." (Y/n) admitted.

Then Izuku came into the room. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but if (Y/n) is awake then it's time to give the medals."

"They'll be there soon, I just need to heal (Y/n) a little more first." Recovery Girl said, before she told the rest of the group to leave.

"I hope you're not too much like Midoriya. I don't want regulars in this job. Make sure to not injure yourself too much." Recovery Girl said sternly to (Y/n).

"Yes ma'am! Sorry." (Y/n) replied.

After a little more healing, Recovery Girl sent (Y/n) to go get her medal.

As the three stadiums were raised, it was hard for (Y/n) to not let the nerves kick in. So hard, in fact, that she completely failed and it was obvious from her face.

Iida had also gotten third place, but because his brother had been attacked by Stain he wasn't there, and only Tokoyami was on the podium for third place.

This knowledge made (Y/n) sad. Sure, she had only spoken to him once, but she knew a fair amount about him from the anime.

Once All Might had given Tokoyami his bronze medal, and anounced that Iida would be receiving his later due to the family emergency he moved onto (Y/n).

"Congratulations (Y/n)-shonen, you have done very well. Well done on getting second place. Maybe next year you will get first." All Might said as he put the heavy silver medal around her neck and gave her a parental hug.

(Y/n) smiled widely at him, returning the hug. "Thanks All Might."

This exchange did not go unnoticed by Shōto, who had already been coming up with a theory about her.

Then All Might gave Shōto his gold medal and a more fatherly hug than he had ever previously experienced.

"Let's hear it for these powerful future heroes!" All Might called. "All together now."

"Plus ultra!!!!" The crowd shouted, as All Might called "Good job!!!!"

As the crowd shouted at All Might as he had wasted the perfect opportunity for a "Plus ultra" (Y/n) just giggled.

The one thing that had struck her as strange was his wording. He had called them all heroes, but (Y/n) was in the general studies course.

'Wait... I'm probably going to be transferred to the hero course after this. It's not the worst thing, but I think Hitoshi would make a better hero than me.' (Y/n) realised.

As she was leaving, Shōto came up to her.

"Can I have a private word with you?" He asked, his typical expressionless face and voice on full display.

"Of course. Lead the way!" (Y/n) said enthusiastically, confused as to what Shōto wanted.

Once they had reached a more private area, Shōto stood opposite (Y/n).

"Are you Midoriya's secret sister or something?" He asked, in all seriousness.

(Y/n) was completely thrown by that question... She definitely hadn't been expecting it.

"No. I don't know him well at all, and I know my family." (Y/n) replied after processing the question. "Why would you think that?"

"Well, the two of you are very similar." Shōto explained. "Are you another of All Might's secret love children then?"

"What!?!? No!! I'm not related to anyone you know. And I can't be that similar to Midoriya, I only met the guy twice!" (Y/n) said loudly.

Then (Y/n)'s phone started ringing. It was her mother.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this." (Y/n) said as she walked a short way from Shōto and answered the call.

"Hi mum."

"Hello (Y/n). Are you okay?"

"I'm fine mum, amazing, actually, how are you? And (S/n) and dad?"

"We're all doing our best. What's happened that's amazing, dear?"

"Well, there was the sports festival today, which was a competition, and I came second!" (Y/n) said proudly, smiling from ear to ear as she gave her mother the good news.

"That's wonderful dear. Do you have any ideas on how to get home?" Her mother asked, a nervous smile clear from her voice.

"Unfortunately, no. I'm doing my best, but so far Hitoshi and I have come up with nothing." (Y/n)'s face fell at the necessity of baring bad news.

"I'm sorry, dear, we haven't found anything this end either."

"That's okay. I should probably be heading to the Shinso residents now. Love you mum."

"Love you too. Hope to see you soon." Her mother replied before they both hung up the phone and (Y/n) headed towards Hitoshi's house.