Chapter 19

It was the first day back at school and (Y/n) was lost.

'Why couldn't they have included a map to the hero course rooms in the anime!? It's my first day in that class and I'm going to be late! I shouldn't have told Hitoshi that I was fine.' (Y/n) thought as she ran through the corridors, trying to get to class 1-A.

"Made it!" She cheered, opening the door conveniently as Aizawa was telling everyone that there was a new student.

"Due to her position in the sports festival (Y/n) shall now be joining everyone in the hero course. Please don't be loud, I'm tired and need sleep." He said, getting into his yellow sleeping bag and flopping onto the floor.

"Uh, hello everyone! I'm (Y/n). Um... I hope we can get along... And... Um... Yeah, I hope we can help eachother become heroes." (Y/n) said, feeling awkward with everyone looking at her.

"Oi! Nerd! What's your freaking quirk!?!? You never actually told anyone!" Katsuki shouted, causing (Y/n) to flinch slightly.

"Bakubro, don't shout at her, she just got here," Eijiro said, smiling at (Y/n) as he elbowed Katsuki. "I'm sorry about him, he is usually like that."

"It's okay." (Y/n) said.

"She told a few people. Just because you weren't told doesn't mean she hasn't told anyone." Ochako said, glaring at Katsuki.

"Then why the hell didn't she tell me!?" Katsuki yelled.

"She is under no obligation to tell you. Bakugo don't be rude to the new student." Tenya said, chopping the air.

"Uh... It's okay everyone. I'm in this class now. I probably should tell people." (Y/n) said, still kind of shy.

"What's your cup size?" Minetta suddenly asked, earning himself a slap in the face from most of the girls and making (Y/n) turn bright red.

"Um. M-m-m-my qu-qu-quirk i-is u-uh called borrowing. I c-can temporarily use other p-people's quirks and they can't if they use their quirk on me or I come into contact with them while they're using it." (Y/n) said, a little shaken by Minetta's comment.

"That's really cool (Y/n)!" Toru said, jumping up in excitement.

"Thanks. I appreciate it, it's kinda like a villain's quirk I've heard of. So I'm not particularly proud of it though." (Y/n) said.

"Which villain? I don't think I've heard of a villain with that quirk." Izuku said, opening his notebook.

"I don't actually know their name or anything, and their quirk is more powerful than mine. I heard about them from my friend." (Y/n) lied, waving her hands around like Izuku would do when he was uncomfortable.

"You're really like Midoriya. Are you sure you two aren't related?" Shōto said in his usual monotone.

The rest of the class, except Katsuki, made agreeing noises as both Izuku and (Y/n) looking at Shōto then at each other a few times, trying to see what Shōto meant.

"I don't have a sister. I'm an only child, Todoroki-kun." Izuku said, a little red in the face.

"I have (S/n), but I can promise you they don't have his hair colour." (Y/n) said awkwardly, fiddling with the end of her ponytail.

"It's just the two of you have similar mannerisms." Mina said in her usual bubbly way.

"Um... If you say so." Izuku said, shrugging.

"You should sit down." Tenya said, still gesturing wildly.

"Where should I sit?" (Y/n) asked.

"There's a seat by me. Kero." Tsuyuu said. "I'm Asui Tsuyuu. Please call me Tsuyuu."

"Oh, um, okay Tsuyuu-san. You can call me (Y/n)." She said, smiling an Izuku smile at her.

"You really do look like Midoriya." Momo said, her finger on her chin.

"N-n-no I d-don't!" (Y/n) said, flapping her arms up and down. "We're completely different!"

"Whatever you say." Sero said jokingly.

"Please can you stop." (Y/n) said, sitting down.

(Y/n) sat in her seat and hid her face.

"It's okay (Y/n)-san. Kero. If you're uncomfortable just say. Kero." Tsuyuu said.

"I'm uncomfortable. Please can we talk about something else?" (Y/n) said, still with a blush on her face.

"Who's your favourite hero (Y/n)-san?" Izuku asked, excitement in his voice, and hope to successfully change the subject.

"My favourite hero? I don't know. I like All Might, Spiderman and Supergirl. I don't really have a favourite I guess? Unless you count heroes without powers." (Y/n) said, shrugging.

"Heroes without powers? What do you mean?" Tenya asked.

"I mean the people you see in videos titled 'Not All Heroes Wear Capes' and just do good things. Like Malala, Anne Frank, and lots of other people." (Y/n) explained.

"Are they really heroes? They don't have liscenses." Ochako asked.

"They are heroes for many people, even without liscenses or powers. Their stories of injustice got told which helped people to see how wrong it really was." (Y/n) said. "They're better than some heroes who do have quirks and liscenses."

"I guess they did change history in a way. They should be respected, but I'm not sure about calling them heroes." Tenya said, ever earnest as he gestured wildly.

"I don't think someone needs a liscense to be a hero. Anyone can be a hero, that only requires helping people, it's being a superhero that requires a quirk and liscense. There's a difference between the two, even if that gets forgotten." (Y/n) said.

"That's a unique way of thinking about it." Momo said after a short pause.

"Not really. It's not common here because superheroes are everywhere being called heroes, where I'm from it's not that rare." (Y/n) explained.

"What are the heroes like where your from?" Izuku asked, keen to take notes.

"Sometimes gay, always shipped, and most of the time fictional." (Y/n) answered, checking the items off her fingers.

"If you don't have heroes, who fights the villains?" Toru asked.

"The police deal with criminals and terrorists. Other than that there are no villains. Honestly, I'm the only person I know where I'm from with a quirk." (Y/n) said, waving her own hands around.

"Where the heck are you from Weird Quirk!?" Katsuki yelled.

"Bakubro... Don't be rude!" Eijiro said, elbowing him in the ribs again.

"I'm from (address). How I'm here is a looooooonnng story... One even I don't know all of as I was knocked out. Aizawa-sensei is the one who saved me." (Y/n) explained.

"Where's that?" Denki asked.

"Gone. Apparently it was destroyed in one of the early villain attacks during the early days of quirks. There weren't any heroes to save them. I'm the last person who has actually been there now..." (Y/n) said, she was smiling but a shadow covered her eyes.

"I'm sorry, that's horrible!" Ochako said as she and Toru gave (Y/n) a hug.