Chapter 11

As soon as they arrived back in the arena, Hitoshi had to get ready for his fight.

"Break a leg, Hitoshi!" (Y/n) said, standing on her toes and kissing his cheek.

As she walked to her class's designated seats, she noticed that Denki had been just along the corridor.

"Hey. I'm Kaminari. So, do you have the hots for that purple head?" He asked, leaning against the wall in a position one would suppose he thought was flattering.

"W-wha!? N-no. I live at his house and I care about him, but I would say he's more of a brother I guess..." (Y/n) said as her face heated up, her voice getting quieter with each word until she trailed off.

"Then you're up for grabs?" Denki asked, raising his eyebrows as (Y/n) started to step back.

"N-n-not really. I'm not looking for a relationship so I am going to stay single." (Y/n) said, her face still red from the suggestion of her liking Hitoshi.

"If you say so, cutie." Denki said walking to Sero, who hit him in the head, gently, for being rude.

'C-cutie!? What!? I'm not cute. I-I... That beeping flirt!!! He's gay anyway!' (Y/n) thought as she puffed out her cheeks and continued to walk to the seats.

"(Y/n)-chan! Are you okay? Your face is all red." (F/n) asked, looking at (Y/n) in concern.

(F/n) always freaked (Y/n) out a little because they were almost identical to one of her friends in the real world. The only difference being that this (F/n) had an age manipulation quirk.

"I'm fine, just one of the class A kids asked me a question that freaked me out because I wasn't expecting it." (Y/n) said, sitting next to (F/n).

"What did they ask you?" (F/n) asked, still concerned about (Y/n).

"Oh, just if I was in... Love... with... Hitoshi." (Y/n) said, hiding her face in her hands in embarrassment.

"Wait, so you're not!?!?" (F/n) asked, clearly confused.

"N-no. Why would you think that!?" It was (Y/n)'s turn to be confused.

(F/n) looked down as they sighed, growing exasperated with their friend's cluelessness. "Well, for one thing, you call him by his first name. For another, the two of you are almost always together. Not to mention that you two cover for each other and can talk endlessly about nothing."

"It's not nothing!!" (Y/n) shouted in offense. "As a matter of fact, it's something very beeping important to me! Also, I call Hitoshi by his first name because we're practically family. And who doesn't cover for their friends?"

"Well, if it's that important to you, why don't you tell anyone else? And you just said it, you're already treating each other like family, it doesn't make much of a difference." (F/n) said.

"I don't tell anyone else because they wouldn't understand. And there's a big difference between family and romance." (Y/n) said as she looked at the stage Cementose made for the fights to see Hitoshi and Izuku walking onstage.

"Don't lose Hitoshi!!!!!" (Y/n) yelled from her seat at the front.

Hitoshi didn't reply, but smiled and waved in her direction.

'That was cruel of me. The victor of this fight has already been decided, and it's Izuku. I'm so sorry Hitoshi, I am a terrible person who builds up your belief all the time knowing that it won't come to pass.' (Y/n) thought as Hitoshi started talking to Izuku.

Despite knowing the end of the fight from her many rewatches of the series, (Y/n)'s heart was in her mouth the entire time, silently wishing Hitoshi added strength for victory.

Added strength that never came.

Izuku won the match.

As Hitoshi was walking sadly back inside, the pair of them had a conversation.

(Y/n) along with some of their classmates and pro-heroes were calling to him about how well he had done. A few other pro-heroes besides (Y/n) were quietly discussing the many heroic possibilities for his quirk. (Y/n) recorded this for Hitoshi later.

Hitoshi looked happier with all of the complements as he went inside. (Y/n) ran to meet him.

"Hitoshi!" (Y/n) called, running towards him down the corridor, slightly out of breath. "You did so well!"

"Thanks." Hitoshi said, smiling at (Y/n). "Sorry I didn't win, even after you told me to."

"No need to apologise, you did your best!" (Y/n) said as she punched the air.

"Isn't it your fight next?" Hitoshi asked.

It was as if (Y/n) had deflated. 'Of course, the danger. It's not like I'm a villain, I just have a similar one to the main villain and there's no way All Might won't notice that.' (Y/n) thought before she brightened up again.

"Yup! I'm going to try not to use my quirk too much, it wouldn't be fair for everyone else." (Y/n) said.

Hitoshi gave her a confused look before shrugging it off. "You should go to the room then, it's going to start soon. I'll cheer for you!" Then he left to the seats.

Almost as soon as (Y/n) had entered the room, her fight with Ochako was called.

'Here goes nothing.' (Y/n) thought as she walked out.