Chapter 15

Even though she had already seen most of the fights in the series, (Y/n) still found it exhilarating to watch the fights in person.

She continued to win her fights. As she had already made her quirk obvious to everyone who was paying attention, there was no reason why she wouldn't use her quirk.

As her battles became closer and closer to each other, (Y/n) was able to use more than one quirk in her fights.

After each victory, the cheers for her became louder as more people decided to root for her, even some class A kids she had never spoken to cheered her on.

When it was the final round, (Y/n) against Shōto, she started to freak out.

"Why am I doing this!?!? I'm not strong. I'm not fire proof or ice proof. I'm going to die." (Y/n) said, freaking out in waiting room 1 before her fight.

"What're you talking about? You're clearly strong or you wouldn't have gotten this far. And you can always use Tokoyami's quirk to defend yourself. You're not going to die, because you're going to win. And even if you don't there are pro heroes there to make sure that doesn't happen." Hitoshi said soothing, rubbing her back to calm her down.

"But Todoroki is super strong and his quirk is super powerful." (Y/n) said, slamming her forehead against the table.

"Well then you can just use Borrow against him." Hitoshi said, putting his hand on the table when she raised her head.

"Do you really think he'll let me get close enough for that?" (Y/n) asked, raising her eyebrow at Hitoshi.

"Fair point, but I'm sure you'll find a way." Hitoshi said, smiling warmly at her.

'If Shōto uses his fire half then I'll let him win, otherwise I'll do my best to beat him. What have I gotten myself into!? I'm also going to try to get him to use his fire... He doesn't deserve to be trapped by Endeavour.' (Y/n) thought as she walked towards the entrance to the stage.

As she was walking, Endeavour stood in her way.

"Excuse me please, I need to get to my fight." (Y/n) said politely, hiding her loathing behind etiquette.

"You need to make sure my son uses my quirk. You're quirk is like a villain's so it will be good practice for him." Endeavour said snidely, looking down his nose at (Y/n).

"I'm sorry, sir, but I have to disagree. Not quirk is villainous or heroic. They may be predisposed, but it matters what the person does with it. It's not your quirk if your son is using it, it's his. And it's my choice what I do in my fight. I won't throw it just because you tell me to." (Y/n) said cooly, still maintaining her polite tone.

"I'm the pro-hero Endeavour. You're just a student who isn't even in the hero course. You do as I tell you." Endeavour said, his fists setting on fire as he readied to punch her.

"Endeavour!" All Might called down the corridor, having seen the entire situation. "Don't threaten the students. This is a school and nobody here is a villain."

"Tsk." Endeavour said, shoving (Y/n) into the wall and storming past her.

"Are you alright?" All Might asked, walking up to (Y/n).

"Y-yes. I'm fine. Thank you, All Might." (Y/n) replied, holding her arm that took the force of her being pushed against the wall due to it aching.

"I'm sorry, some heroes are more... Intense than others." All Might said.

"It's fine. It's not entirely his fault, I was a little provoking." (Y/n) said, giving All Might one of her Izuku-esque smiles.

'She's awfully similar to my son- ah, I mean Midoriya. I wonder why? It's probably nothing.' All Might thought. "Well, (Y/n)-shonen, you should go to the stage."

"Oh, right! Thank you, All Might!" (Y/n) said, waving at All Might as she ran down the corridor.

'I'm still going to do my best to help Shōto, for his sake, but after that encounter with Endeavour I kinda don't want to.' (Y/n) thought as she ran onstage for the fight.

"Begin!!!!!!!!" Present Mic screamed above deafening cheers for both competitors.

No sooner than (Y/n) had gotten into a fighting position then Shōto sent a giant glacier towards her.

Using Tokoyami's quirk, which pulled on the top of the ice to allow her to jump above it, (Y/n) narrowly avoided being frozen in place.

(Y/n) slid down the ice towards Shōto, using Dark Shadow to stop when she reached the bottom of the slope.

"Why don't you use your fire? It would make it much easier to fight. And it would be beneficial for your health." (Y/n) said, too quietly for anyone other than Shōto to hear.

"Because that's my father's power, and it's what he wants me to do. I hate my father." Shōto said, disgust etched on his face.

"Then Endeavour can just go beepety beep beep beep himself in a beeping hole." (Y/n) said angrily. "Regardless of whether or not you're doing as he says, you're letting him rule your life. Don't actively do the opposite of what he says, or follow his words, but rather ignore his existence!" She started to shout.

"It's not that easy." Shōto said, covering his burn with his hand.

"I know that, but you have the support of a lot of people. Seriously, just look on Wattpad at all the TodoDeku stories. Most of them have comments along the lines of 'Go beep yourself Endeavour!!!!!!' And, on the rare occasion he isn't a complete beeper, everyone starts freaking out. The comments are like 'What the beep is going on!?!?'" (Y/n) crouched down and clutched her head with her hands as she said the last point. "Or like 'I'm confused, why has his personality swapped with Yaomomo?' So there are a lot of people on your side, regardless of what you choose. Basically what I'm saying is that you shouldn't turn your back on Endeavour by just not doing what he wants you to, but rather by doing what you want and ignoring whatever he tells you. You can win this fight, using your power, but only if you use the other half of your quirk." (Y/n) finished, getting into a fighting stance.

In that moment, Izuku called from the crowd. "Don't lose Todoroki-kun!!!!!! Use your power!!!!"

That seemed to be the push that Shōto needed, as after that his left side burst into flames.

"Thank you." Shōto said as he used the same technique he did against Izuku and (Y/n) smiled.

She tried to use Dark Shadow to remain inbounds, but before she knew it her head hit the wall, hard.

'So much for letting.' She thought, just before her vision faded to black and she hit the ground, limp.

"(Y/n) is out of bounds. The winner of this fight is Todoroki!" Midnight announced as (Y/n) was hurried to Recovery Girl's office in order to heal her numerous injuries.