Chapter 12

(Y/n) walked onto the stage with mixed reception. Nobody had anything against her, but nobody knew her quirk yet and didn't have a good reason to support her.

Most of the cheers came from her general studies class, and Ochako was getting a lot more positive reactions than (Y/n).

"Begin!!!!!" Present Mic shouted as (Y/n) winced, flinching away from the sound.

"I hope you do well." (Y/n) said to Ochako before they both got into fighting positions.

"Thanks, you too." Ochako replied, smiling in spite of the fighting stance she was in.

Ochako made the first move.

Being unsure of her personality and quirk, Ochako's plan was to avoid any attack from (Y/n) and then to use her quirk to float her out of bounds.

At the last second before Ochako touched her, (Y/n) jumped out of the way, running to the back of Ochako.

'This fight wasn't in the anime, but I'm sure Ochako will be using the same plan. I am going to do my best to not take her quirk, but if she's using the plan she used for Kacchan she's going to be making that difficult for me. I also want her to realise she needs to learn more close range combat skills, not that I can deny my need for that.' (Y/n) said as she continued to dodge Ochako.

(Y/n) was trying to keep her distance from Ochako's hands, and whenever given the chance she would kick her in the back. But (Y/n) couldn't bring herself to hurt Ochako very much, after all, the writers might only show one side of her character (the pathetic love struck for Izuku side) she had more. (Y/n) respected Ochako.

As Hitoshi called out in support and (Y/n) tried to once again dodge Ochako, she slipped, providing Ochako with the perfect opportunity to use her quirk.

"I'm sorry, you did really well." Ochako said as she touched (Y/n) on her stomach and she began to float.

However, no sooner than when Ochako had removed her hand from (Y/n)'s stomach than the pads on her fingers disappeared.

"Release." (Y/n) said, pressing her fingertips together and landing on the floor.

"What!?" Ochako asked, taken aback and confused as to why she couldn't use her quirk and now (Y/n) seemed to have it.

In the stadium, All Might was staring at the events, in shock.

'How? How does this girl have a quirk so similar to All For One's? Is it possible he had a daughter? Then... Is this child a villain? I shall keep a close eye on her.' All Might thought, trying to keep his emotions to himself, but Nedzu had already noticed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take your quirk. You'll get it back in 10 minutes though." (Y/n) said to Ochako, her head hung low, ashamed that her quirk had been publicly displayed.

"Uh... What?" Ochako asked, not keeping up with the events.

"I'll explain it after the round has finished." (Y/n) said.

Then, without warning, (Y/n) ran at Ochako, who was too confused to register what was happening, and touched her stomach, causing the bubbly girl to float.

"I'm sorry." (Y/n) said as she grabbed Ochako's wrist and pulled it towards the line, letting go as Ochako continued to float towards the line, trying to stop herself from moving any further, but she was too fat off the ground.

Once Ochako was outside of the line (Y/n) pressed her fingertips together, sending Ochako back to the ground.

"Ururaka is out of bounds. The winner is (Y/n)!" Midnight anounced as the general studies erupted into cheers.

(Y/n) ran over to Ochako and offered her a hand to get up, being careful to not cause her to float away.

"I'm sorry about that. My quirk is called 'Borrow' and allows me to temporarily take other people's quirks if I come into contact with them while they're using their quirk, or they use their quirk on me." (Y/n) explained. "I hadn't meant to take your quirk. I hope we can be friends."

"Okay, it was my fault, really. I went charging in without knowing what your quirk was. I hope we will be friends." Ochako said as she stood up, smiling at (Y/n).

"I'm glad you don't hate me. It can't be nice being beaten by your own quirk." (Y/n) said, giving Ochako one of her Izuku-esque smiles.

"When you smile like that you remind me of Deku, a friend of mine in class A, the one who just fought Shinso." Ochako said.

"I-I do? W-wha?" (Y/n) asked, unaware of the similarities between them.

"Yeah, you fight very differently, but your mannerisms are very similar." Ochako said.

"Th-th-thank y-you." (Y/n) stuttered, blushing slightly.

"You're welcome." Ochako said, smiling as the two girls walked inside together.

"(N/n)!" Hitoshi called, running up to (Y/n). "You did really well."

"Thanks Hitoshi." (Y/n) said with another angelic smile. "Wait... (N/n)?"

"It's your new nickname, don't you like it?" Hitoshi asked.

"I guess." (Y/n) replied.

"Are you two a couple?" Ochako asked, causing (Y/n) to jump, having forgotten she was still there.

"No! Why is everyone I meet in class A asking that today?" (Y/n) asked with a harsh blush on her face.

"Because the two of you look like an old married couple." Ochako stated as though it was the most obvious thing in the universe.

"Wait... Who else from class A have you met today so far?" Hitoshi asked.

"Kaminari. I think he was trying to pick me up, but in the end he went back to S- someone who looked like they had tape dispensers as elbows." (Y/n) said.

"I'm sorry, he's the flirt of the class. At least it wasn't Minetta, he's a pervert." Ochako apologised.

"It's okay, just I'm confused why both you and Kaminari thought the same thing." (Y/n) said.

"I can ask him why he thought that if you'd like." Ochako suggested.

"Only if it's no bother." (Y/n) replied.

"Of course not. We're friends after all." Ochako said as she waved and went back to the class A seats.

Hitoshi and (Y/n) went back to their seats together and watched the next battles, all of which were fast so that, in total, they took 5 minutes, leaving (Y/n) with 3 minutes for her fight with Bakugo.