Chapter 25

The results of the written exams were in and (Y/n) came 5th in the class which she was very proud of.

Now it was time for the practical exam. The class B students said that they would be fighting the robots from the hero course entrance exams, but (Y/n) knew from the anime that this was not the case.

(Y/n) trained to prepare herself for fighting the teachers. She didn't know which group she would be in, or which teacher. Of course, it was also possible that she would be on her own against a teacher that wasn't used for the exams in the anime.

(Y/n) trained in close combat as well as long ranged attacks every evening, and she would continue all night if it wasn't for Hitoshi.

Whenever she stayed out for too long he would either drag her inside or use his quirk to make her go to bed and sleep. Of course, then he wouldn't be able to use his quirk anymore, but she was sleeping so that didn't matter.

He always felt guilty about using his quirk on her, but it was to stop her from overworking herself and getting hurt.

She still called home regularly, but the time changed to mornings so that she could keep her schedule for the practical exam. They were also proud of her for her position in the written exams, and they were encouraging her through the physical.

They had noticed her hair's slow change in colour over the past year, but hadn't mentioned it. As it was such a slow change, her parents figured that it was some power that she kept borrowing.

The day of the practical exams came, and almost all of class A was shocked to see that it was to fight the teachers rather than the robots from the entrance exam. Everyone except for (Y/n), she was waiting to hear which group she would be in, if she got one at all. After all, with her presence in the class, it became an odd number.

She stood, and only half listened as All Might explained the rules, already knowing what they were thanks to the anime.

She only started to really listen when they were calling out the groups. Because of the class having an odd number of students, she was put in a group of 3 with Denki and Mina. They would be fighting Nedzu.

Great, I'm with a group that failed in canon. Hopefully with my help we can pass... Or maybe it would be safer for them to let them fail and try to use them to pass myself... After all, the camp is dangerous. (Y/n) thought to herself, evaluating the options.

Thankfully, their group wasn't first, so she had time to mull things over and come up with a strategy. Neither Denki nor Mina came over to (Y/n) while she was thinking, or at all while they waited, they were discussing a squad meme with the Bakusquad.

(Y/n) didn't mind this as it gave her time to think. She was so engrossed in her plan she was coming up with that she didn't realise that odd words were coming out under her breath.

When they got to the arena, (Y/n) had a quick glance around before the match started.

"This should be easy. Do we want to capture or escape?" Mina asked, looking like she didn't have a care in the world.

"Escape, it would look bad if we were to hurt the principal, so we should probably also not use our quirks." Denki replied.

"You're right, it wouldn't be good if I melted the princi-" Mina was cut off.

"No, Nedzu is too smart for that and has probably already come up with a way to block the exit. Our best shot is capture. Follow me!" (Y/n) explained, gesturing for the other two to follow her when the first wave of debris started to fall.

They all got to the other side of the debris as a wave of destruction rolled over the path they would have taken if they followed the other two.

"He must be somewhere like a crane so that he can cause so much damage. Let's find that!" (Y/n) declared, starting to run towards the cranes that were not too far away.

Denki and Mina sprinted to keep up with her as they all ran towards where Nedzu was. (Y/n) was staying as far away from the buildings as she could so that the debris wouldn't hit her if Nedzu knocked them down. The other two weren't paying attention to this and got trapped.

(Y/n) noticed and doubled back, only to find Denki had dislocated his ankle, and Mina had sprained her knee. It would be easy enough for Recovery Girl to fix, but not something (Y/n) could do, and there was only 6 minutes left of the exam.

(Y/n) moved the rubble to support their injuries as they couldn't walk but she needed to make sure they were safe.

"Do you mind allowing me to borrow your quirks? My plan only works with both of them." (Y/n) asked, reaching out her hand.

The other two activated their quirks slightly and touched her hand, lending her their quirks. "Thank you." (Y/n) said before she sped off to Nedzu.

When she got to the base of the crane she activated Denki's quirk, sending an electrical impulse to stop the crane from working, before using Mina's quirk to make the crane lopsided, hopefully making it more difficult for Nedzu, then she managed to climb her way up, melting hand grips if there weren't any. She managed to get into the same part of the crane without Nedzu noticing her, and she just managed to slip the handcuffs on before the time ran out, officially passing the exam.

Denki and Mina were taken to Recovery Girl to deal with their injuries, while (Y/n) was congratulated by their classmates. After her battle, there was the final one of Izuku and Bakugo vs. All Might.

(Y/n) had seen it before, but it was still exhilarating to watch in real time with her classmates, she did feel bad for Bakugo though, he put so much effort in, but still got knocked out by All Might, then rescued by Izuku. Obviously, Bakugo would have murdered someone if he ever found out that Izuku saved him for the second time.

Needless to say, that day had been very eventful.

((A/n: hey guys!!! Sorry for the long gap, I had writers block, then went on holiday. I really hope that you like this chapter!! I don't know when the next one will be out. I love you all!!! Bai!!))