Chapter 7

It had now been a week since (Y/n) started working at Mihoko's store, she had grown rather close to Mihoko, who acted motherly towards her, and Hitoshi the few times he helped out. And, at this point, she was paying for her own hotel room, which she was finding difficult to keep up with.

Due to the cost of the hotel, (Y/n) found that it was difficult to buy as much food as she used to eat. That's ignoring the fact that the hotel didn't have anything other than a kettle.

Eventually Mihoko noticed that she wasn't quite the same as she used to be.

"(Y/n) are you okay? Has something happened?" Mihoko asked as (Y/n) put on her apron before the store opened.

"I'm fine!" (Y/n) said with her usual cheerful tone. "And nothing new has happened. I think the owners of the hotel I'm staying at aren't too happy with me though. I'm also revising to get into UA."

"You live in a hotel!?" Mihoko asked, taken aback by the information (Y/n) had never told her before and somewhat hurt that (Y/n) hadn't told her.

"Yeah, I assumed you knew when I said I was from (address) that I wasn't staying at home." (Y/n) said looking up at Mihoko with a surprised expression.

"Are your parents with you?" Mihoko asked, thinking about how (Y/n)'s eyes looked lonely everyday as she entered.

"No, there at home, although I do call them at least once a day." (Y/n) responded, giving the ground a small, sad smile at her own words.

"If you want, you can stay at mine, we have a spare room you can have until you go home. We can give you food too." Mihoko suggested, her motherly instincts kicking in at the sight of the sadness on (Y/n)'s face.

"Uh... If you're sure that's okay, I would love to. I really appreciate it Mihoko." (Y/n) said, looking up once more and giving the Izuku-like smile.

"It's no problem. What course are you trying to get into for UA?" Mihoko asked, tieing her hair back in a messy bun.

"I'm just going for general studies. I am not all that strong and I only recently discovered my quirk. I don't think I would be able to get into the hero course anyway. I don't have a combat type quirk and I don't want to hurt anyone else's possibility. Besides I told my mum I wouldn't go for the hero course." (Y/n) said, making sure that her own plait was secure.

"I'm sure you would have made an amazing hero, just by how you were thinking of others just now." Mihoko teased as they walked out of the back to see Hitoshi leaning against the counter.

"Hey, Hitoshi, (Y/n) is going to be staying with us for a while. And if you don't get into the hero course, which you will, you may be in the same class." Mihoko exclaimed excitedly.

"Cool, I guess I'll see you at school as well then." Hitoshi said, looking straight at (Y/n)

'Unfortunately it won't just be "around", seeing as you don't start off in the hero course. We'll most likely be in the same class, but it could be worse.' (Y/n) thought, smiling brightly at Hitoshi.

Mihoko walked to the door to change the sign to "open" as the first group of people came in and (Y/n) and Hitoshi grew busy with work.

The day passed much the same as every other had done. (Y/n) coincidentally serving many of the main cast of the show, and having to fight hard to stop her fangirling from being obvious.

One thing that set today appart was that Mount Lady was there in her civilian form... With Kaumi Woods! It being obvious that the couple wanted privacy, (Y/n) retrained from asking for their autographs.

That evening when she got to the hotel, (Y/n) didn't do as she usually did and pay for the next day, but instead went straight to her room. Once there she did much the same as her normal routine:

Eat a pot noodle for dinner

Study for the entrance exam

Call her family

Take a shower

Change into her new pyjamas (they're fluffy ❤️)

The only thing that she did differently was that she packed up her things before going to bed. The plan for her being to go to work as usual the next day only with all of her things, then Mihoko and Hitoshi would go to their house with her and her things.

Smiling at the idea of staying with Mihoko, Hitoshi, and his mysterious father she had only seen in fanart online, (Y/n) went to sleep. Her dreams filled with warmth and the adventure of UA.