Chapter 20

After class (Y/n) waited outside the classroom for Hitoshi. He said that he would meet her there before they ate together.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Ochako said, waving as she left the classroom. "Wanna eat lunch with us?"

"I'm eating with Hitoshi, but I can ask if he wants to sit with you too. I can't promise anything though. I'm sorry." (Y/n) said.

"That's okay, if he wants to we would like to sit with him too." Izuku added.

"I'll make sure he knows." (Y/n) said, smiling.

"Bye! See you in the cantine!" Ochako said, waving goodbye.

"Sure, or in class!" (Y/n) called back, waving as she stood on her toes so Ochako could see him over Tenya's shoulder.

When they were out of sight, (Y/n) looked at her notifications. She had a few old replies to comments she made on Wattpad stories, a few random messages on the group chat about teachers they hate, a stupid news broadcast of anti-vaxxers, and a few texts from her family.

(Y/n) responded to her family, but ignored the Wattpad comments and news broadcast, she just couldn't block it.

Suddenly, Hitoshi spoke, causing (Y/n) to jump and her phone to almost fall out of her hands.

"Hitoshi! Don't sneak up on me like that! If my phone breaks I have no way to contact my family and what if something important happens!?" (Y/n) chastised, calming herself down from the initial shock.

Hitoshi laughed at her reaction. "How is it with class A? Are they as bratty as we thought?"

"Actually, they're really nice! Except for a small purple pervert. First thing he asked me was my cup size!! I seriously wish you were in the class though." (Y/n) said, initially smiling, then looking astonished and embarrassed, and finally looking sad.

"Well one day I'm going to be a hero so maybe I will end up joining your class." Hitoshi said with a smirk.

"Of course you will!" (Y/n) said loudly. "Oh yeah, I just remembered, some of my new classmates asked if we wanted to sit with them."

"Does that invitation stretch to lowly 'extras' like me in general studies?" Hitoshi asked in a mocking tone.

"Only Bakugo calls people 'extras' and yes, you're invited as well." (Y/n) said, rolling her eyes.

"Sassy now, are we?" Hitoshi teased.

(Y/n) didn't bother to reply, she just rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the cantine. When she walked in, her eyes met with Ochako's and the latter waved them over.

(Y/n) gave Hitoshi a questioning look, to which he nodded. The pair walked over to join Ochako, Izuku, Shōto and Tenya.

"Hey guys, this is Shinso Hitoshi, a really close friend of mine." (Y/n) said, gesturing to the purple boy beside her.

"Hi Shinso-san!" Izuku said brightly, flashing gis signature smile.

"Greetings Shinso-san." Tenya said, chopping the air as he would usually do as he spoke for unnecessary emphasis.

"Hello Shinso." Shōto said in his usual monotone. As soon as Hitoshi had given a nod of recognition, Shōto turned back to Izuku, the ghost of a smile haunting his eyes.

"'Really close friend' huh?" Ochako asked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively at (Y/n).

"Yes. Friend. I'm staying with his family." (Y/n) said, glaring at Ochako.

"Wait... Why aren't you staying with your family?" Izuku asked. "Surely they came with you."

"No, I didn't plan on ending up here, so my parents weren't with me. I was going to school when everything went to beep." (Y/n) said.