Chapter I

So, this is my Jelsa journey. I hadn't seen Frozen until recently, but saw a Jelsa picture and looked around a bit. I can't say I loved them, but it was an interesting idea. Then I saw Frozen and well...I was sold. Originally I intended to just quickly whip this out, maybe have it be three parts about 10-15 pages each, but now I'm up to 50 pages with a faraway end. So, therefore, the chapters will be shorter and hopefully more frequently updated, which is good for all of you.

I have already finished this story, by the way, on my other sites, but as any good author does, they branch out and post their stories other places.

I've seen a lot of the stories of how they met, but mine deals mostly with the after and how things are dealt with...like the fact you have to believe in Jack to see him...or how it's going to work out since he's immortal and she's not, along with other stuff.

I have to thank my wonderful friend, Thea- who often goes by StarryKnight- for being my beta. This would have really bad grammar without you :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Frozen or Rise of the Guardians. I do own certain characters in this story, but I'm not making money off of it. If I had it my way, Disney and Dreamworks would have collaborated to make it real.

It was quite the normal round, when it happened.

Fly around, he thought with a inward chuckle, to be more correct. Ah, he'd just frozen over the most brilliant pond out north and sat and watched the sun rise over the hills and the ice explode with sparkles. It had only been a handful of years since his creation, and at the moment, he wondered how he was to be so lucky to have gotten this job. Well, the fact he couldn't exactly remember the details before didn't bother him much. He was here now, wasn't he?

He flew over a mountain, expecting to see the light dusting that he would soon turn into a full out blizzard, but stopped in mid-flight. The area was covered in what already looked like the dead of winter. Even the spaces, as far as he could see, where it was usually summer, were encased in snow.

Now, Jack may have been slightly air-headed on occasion, but he rarely forgot where and when he made a place winter. And this place in particular, well, it was a special place. He knew the origins of his creation- Jack Frost was a Norse myth. And these Nordic lands still upheld slight tradition, and he always liked to hear the occasional mother tell her child about him, so he kept careful check. But this was beyond his memories. There was a darkness to this winter too, and his fists balled. He would find the source of his job and set them straight. If there was another Winter Spirit in his territory, then both he and the Man in the Moon would hear his complaints.

He flew over the castled area and saw the shivering people and the children too cold to play. It was reckless and caused by an amateur, he decided. The trick was to make the children like the snow, to play, to laugh. He never made winter this cold unless the town was made of adults who sat inside all day anyway.

Over the mountains, he saw a glimmer of light, just like the pond. Ice. There was a lot of it too, and the negative energies flowed from the area. It was so pungent and filled with bad emotions that it made something inside Jack shiver.

He was quite confused when he came upon a palace made of ice. It was so beautiful and fragile that it couldn't possibly be the source of this winter and bad emotions. He admired it from the skies for a couple moments, thinking that if he had a house, he would want to live there, before he noticed a balcony over the far side of the house. With the lightness of a feather, he landed. The ice beneath his feet was smooth and free of imperfections. He couldn't believe it was so well handled because there were no signs of any mortal interference like usual. How was it so flawless?