Chapter XIV

It was three months, give or take, since Elsa was a married woman. Elsa Frost- the name that was only whispered among the believers. Everyone else had no idea what her surname was. Some people thought the secrecy was bad, some thought it was a challenge and added excitement to the life of Arendelle.
Elsa strode into the council room, and sat like usual, but there was joy bubbling inside of her. She couldn't wait for the meeting to start.
The head accountant would do his usual talk first; about the finances and economic issues. If any merchant had anything to say about the business, good or bad, of their shop that was in relation to it effecting the community as a whole, they would speak. The military leader, who luckily saw little action, usually had not much on threats to say. Then the representatives from the trading worlds would talk about this and that, before it was finally given over to the general council for any complains or comments that were not already covered, or any issues that it was decided previously to be decided then. When it came time, Elsa stood.
"I have some news." Rarely did Elsa say such things, so everyone was apt with attention. She nervously fingered the ring she wore on a chain beneath her robes, and it reminded her to smile, "I am with child."
There was a wave of applause from most everyone, especially those who she saw as friends, and Gavner (who'd she put closest to her most recently) smirked.
"Finally! I was beginning to think he didn't know what to do." He said with a wink, and Elsa ignored him.
"Wait, wait, wait," A gruff voice called. Elsa didn't have to look to know who said it. Hell, it could have been written and she would have known who would object. Finnes.
"Yes?" She summoned her regal power and raised an eyebrow.
"They say you're married, but I've never seen the guy, and now you're pregnant with his child? This is unheard of! If I didn't know better, I'd say you're running around like a common person, dirtying yourself with such lewd acts." He spat out, and there were gasps.
Elsa's grip on the table she took notes on. He'd had compared her to a night walker, those who were unmarried and often pregnant from scandalous acts without a marriage. Jack was not in attendance- he was off doing his winter magic, and Elsa was glad. If he were here, she didn't know what he would have done. Besides, she could handle this herself.
"You are dismissed from the council, Finnes." She said with a dry drawl, "Until there is magic in your life."
"What? Until there's magic in my life? What sort of ridiculous call is that? Maybe your sister is right, and there is something wrong with you." Elsa felt her heart drop. Was her sister spreading rumors about her? Was Anna so childish?
"Yes, magic." Elsa closed her eyes, and tried not to laugh in spite of it all. Coincidentally, his two grown daughters and five grandchildren all saw Jack. His wife was deceased, but she had a hunch the missis would have as well, "You've lost something to your life. I know you, Mr. Finnes. Always working. I'm telling you to take a holiday. Spend time with your daughters, play with your grandchildren and don't tell yourself anything is impossible. When you realize what I mean, come back and tell me. Then, I will happily welcome you back." She said. Finnes stood, looking unsure. Most were confused by her command, trying desperately to make the connection between calling Elsa a whore and the idea of lost magic, but too timid to speak out. Those who knew, however, were sure that Elsa would welcome him back when he was able to see her King.
FROZEN
Elsa, feeling invigorated and proud of herself for handling the situation so calmly, waited for Jack to return. He didn't know that she was pregnant. It was the best surprise for him yet.
He returned with snow falling from his jacket, and kissed his wife with a grin. "Well, it's officially winter over in England." He announced.
"Jack!" She hugged him, and he laughed.
"If I always got such a warm welcome, I would leave more often." He joked, and kissed her head.
"Oh, I've got news, Jack!" Elsa was dancing around like a child, and Jack frowned.
"What?"
"I'm pregnant!"
Jack was speechless for a moment. Elsa worried that all he'd ever said about wanting children was just a cover, and her excitement started to fade. Until, of course, he picked her up and swung her around.
"I'm going to be a dad!" He said, "I didn't know if it was possible!"
"Well why not?" Elsa asked, struggling from his grip.
"Well, you know I'm a winter spirit, emphasis on spirit, but I'm so palpable with you, and yeah clearly down there still works, but hell I wasn't sure! Thank Odin, thank you!" He pulled up her robes, pressing his cold hands against her stomach, "Do you think our child be like us?" He asked, looking up. Elsa put her own hands on his.
"We'll just have to wait, won't we?" She asked with a warm smile, "You'll make a wonderful father." She decided.