Chapter 12 ~ Nightmare for real

I had done basically nothing for a few hours when Stephanie came to my pasture to bring me inside. She walked through the pasture and up to me. I jumped away, a bit scared and she stopped.

"Sorry! Please don't be mad!" Stephanie said.

I carefully walked up to her and stopped in front of her.

"Thanks." she said and smiled at me while clipping the lead rope to my halter.

I followed her out from the pasture and into the stable. She walked the same way as the black haired guy did yesterday and put me in my stall.

"They say that they are going to start taming you tomorrow." Stephanie whispered to me and closed the stall door. "Please be brave."

I snorted quietly and spun around, facing the wall. Do they really still think I'll be tamed? I snorted again at the pathetic thought of me doing dressage like Toppy showed me, but with my mane all fancied up and with a rider on top. I drank some water and ate some hay before I fell into a worried sleep.

------

I felt better when I woke up. Someone had given me a bucket filled with something that smelled awfully good. I walked over to the bucket and in the bottom, there were something corn-like. It smelled so good and I just let my head drop down into the bucket and ate all of it. Then I had absolutely nothing to do. I started walking around the stall and explored every inch of it. Boring. Suddenly I saw those dark eyes staring at me. Maybe he would brake the silence today. I stared back at him for a while before I started thinking about breaking the silence. I didn't. I couldn't. There was something in his dark eyes telling me that I shouldn't be with him. That I shouldn't even try. I looked away and explored every inch of my stall for the second time. This time it was even more boring. Even having a staring competition with Doc was more entertaining. I sighed loudly and tried to sleep, but I was full of energy. I even tried to sleep laying on the floor, but I didn't work. Too much energy. It was getting darker and darker and and at least twice I saw people walking down our corridor with a flashlight, checking us. After I had seen the flashlights five times (they came every hour) I managed to fall asleep. Once again, I dreamed about my herd.

----

I stood on top of the Red Plateau over the ravine.. The ravine was just a few steps behind me and in front of me were Sir, Josh and Stephanie. My herd was standing on the other side of the humans.

"Don't worry, we're just going to tame you." Sir said with a smirk.

"Please be brave!" Stephanie whispered, but her voice felt false.

"Don't let them tame you!!" I heard Winter neigh loudly at me.

I heard Toppy's voice from the bottom of the ravine.

"It's great down here! Let them tame you!"

The humans in front of me started stalking towards be and made me back to the very edge of the ravine.

"NOO!! Dark!!! Run!!" I heard Winter neigh.

As Sir took one more step closer to me, I backed again and my back hooves felt no ground anymore. I slid off the plateau. I felt like I was in mid-air for minutes, but when I just was about to hit the ground, I woke up.

I was sweating and the dream was still fresh inside my head. Everyone was still asleep but it the sun threw some light into the dark stable. When I was with herd, I never had these nightmares. I shook it off together with some dust that had gathered on my back and drank the last water in my bucket. It didn't take long before the other horses woke up and people started walking through the corridors in the stable. Stephanie walked past my stall and gave me a quick smile.

"Good morning!" she said and disappeared from my view.

I remembered the dream and backed right into the corner of the stall. No one would ever get me out of this corner. That's how it felt. Suddenly,

Voices grew stronger and footsteps approached my stall.

"Approach her slowly and put her on cross ties here." Sir's voice boomed.

Oh god. There's no way, Mister.

---------------------------------------

I'M SO SORRY!!!!! I'm a freaking lazy author. Bad Z *hits self*.

But here it is. You guys have to know that I love you so freaking much and when I see your comments I wish I weren't so damn lazy. Sorry for short chap, but thanks for all your opinions about someone else's POV. I added a picture of Toppy on the side. If it's yours, then please tell me and I'll take it away. Promise.

See you next time!

Z