Chapter 7 ~ Doc's story

Toppy looked around her and started talking quietly.

"Doc was born in a loving, caring home by two top eventer Dutch Warmblood's. In a early age, he was sold for certain reasons. He came to an abusive owner who starved him and locked him up in a dark stall. Doc was a great horse, but the new owner didn't like him. When Doc was 5 years old, his owner tried to kill him. He set the barn on fire, but Doc was rescued. Sir Wellington bought him and his daughter, Lily, earned Doc's trust, but he doesn't trust anyone except her. Sir doesn't let anyone except Lily ride or care for Doc. They have a bond." Toppy looked around her and then whispered "He doesn't let anyone in except her. No horses. No riders. Just Lily."

I took a deep breath and tried to take in all the sudden information.

"Oh.." Was the only thing I managed to say.

"Horrible, isn't it? But Lily is really sweet! She always bring tons of carrots to everyone!" Toppy giggled.

By then, I realised I just made a new friend. Then I heard footsteps. They approached my stall and I turned tense. Sir stood outside my stall.

"Oh! That's Sir Wellington!" Toppy told me.

Sir had brought the black haired guy with him.

"Isn't she such a beauty, Josh? She must be at least half arabian" Sir looked at me with happy eyes.

I snorted irritated. My whole family had been Arabian horses.

"Or maybe 100% arabian" Sir said, chuckling. "We'll take a blood test later."

Sir and Josh walked away and I turned my head back to Toppy.

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"I was pretty much born into this life. My parents were great dressage horses, swedish warmblood horses." She said. "And you?"

I sighed.

"I was caught alive."

---------------------------------

Short chap, I know and I'm sorry. I just want to release all the time, but I have no ideas. Please help me!!

Z ~