Chapter 11 ~ Dressage

"Hey hey, Dark! How did it go?" Toppy's happy voice neighed.

"Fine, I guess. I don't even know what they did." I answered.

"They probably took a blood test." Toppy said and I didn't bother to answer. The only thing I could think about was that they managed to brake me. But I won't be tamed. Never. A neigh from the other end of the corridor told me that people was coming.

"They're letting us out for the day." Toppy told me and I remembered the last day. "And you promised to let me teach you some dressage!"

"What? I didn't!" I neighed, frustrated.

"Maybe not, but you said yes so pleeaase!" Toppy sighed.

"Okay okay." I rolled my eyes mentally.

"Yay!" she said said with a high-pitched excited neigh.

Someone opened my stall door and in walked Stephanie, the girl from earlier.

"Hi!" she said and opened a hand to reveal one of those apple biscuits.

I carefully ate it while watching her.

"We're heading out!" she chuckled.

I neighed at her. She was the only person here who I could trust. I let her clip the lead rope to my halter and I gladly followed her outside. Before she unclipped the lead rope, she leaned closer to me and whispered:

"The others say that you're crazy and mad, but I think they don't know how to treat you."

I neighed softly and she let me go. I trotted into the pasture and watched her close the gate. She waved at me and walked away. I saw Toppy trot around in the pasture beside mine.

"Hey Dark!" she neighed. "Remember your promise."

"Yeah yeah. I remember." I sighed.

"Do you see this trot?" Toppy trotted around the pasture. It seemed like a normal trot to me. "That's not how the people want our trot. They want it easy and flying. Like this."

I watched as Toppy flew around the pasture in a trot I had never seen. It wasn't effective nor swifter than usual. But it seemed beautiful in some way. She stopped in front of me with the fence dividing us.

"Okay? Now try!" she said and nodded at me.

"There's no way I'll learn how to do it like you do." I said, shaking my head.

"You promised! Try!" she said and I sighed loudly.

I started trotting around at a slow pace, half trotting half jumping. It felt strange.

"Good! Try a little less jumping!" Toppy neighed.

I tried to take small trot jumps and not trot in my usual style.

"Now THAT'S a good trot!" Toppy snorted happily.

I trotted back and stopped in front of her.

"Great! You'd be such a good dressage horse." she giggled.

"Thanks. But I don't think I'd like to be any kind of tamed horse." I said.

"A lot of horses here have been wild, Dark." Toppy sighed. "They wouldn't want to leave here for a million."

"Maybe, but I still want to leave." I said and let my head drop to the ground and eat grass.

Toppy sighed loudly and started eating grass, too. When I carefully ate the grass, I remembered Sky from the last day. I looked around me, but she wasn't here. Instead, I saw something dark stare at me. Doc. I stared back, and we had a staring competition. I was the one who looked away. Again.

----------------------------------

Short. I know. But when I saw that YNCMA had reached more reads than Luna Bianca (!!) I just HAD to update, no matter what. So here you are.

And don't forget the competition, read A/N two chapters back!

And please comment a human you would like to read about.

XOXO,

Gossip Girl.

JK!

Hugs,

Z