Chapter 4 ~ Meeting horses

This chapter and probably a lot of chapters in the future are dedicated to @DeanWinchester1978 ! She is an amazing person and she writes amazing books. She also came up with a new character who you'll meet in this chapter :-)

I didn't know what time it was and my legs hurt from kicking so much. It was pitch black except from a small window. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. My future seemed to be as dark as the transport I was in. But I held on to my motto. You'll never catch me alive. Suddenly, the car stopped. The small door in front of me opened and a pinned my ears back as Sir with his grey hair and formal clothing showed his face.

''Put her in the pasture beside Doc's.'' He ordered someone outside the transport.

''Yes sir!'' Someone said and I heard the door behind me open.

I kicked towards the person behind me to make him back off but it didn't seem to scare him at all. He walked up to me and violently pushed my haunches away from him. I tried to bite him in his leg, but the rope was to tight. With one single movement, he had clipped a lead rope to my halter and untied me to the iron ring in the transport. I had a plan. I let him back me out of the transport and I waited until we got outside.

''I wonder why you calmed down so quickly...'' The blond guy beside me mumbled.

The calm before the storm.

Suddenly, I reared and jumped away from him. He dropped the lead rope and I took the opportunity and ran. I ran away from the guy and passed a big building, a stable. I saw the freedom in front of me. All I needed was to pass the big iron gate. I ran faster and approached the gate, when it suddenly closed. I made a quick slide stop to not crash into the it and someone took the opportunity to throw a lasso around my neck. I reared but I couldn't get it off.

''I got her, sir.'' a man's voice chuckled behind me.

I spun around and saw a black haired man sitting on a white gelding with the end of the rope in his hand.

''Bring her to the pasture beside Doc's!'' Another voice yelled, probably Sir's

''Yes Sir!'' The man on the white horse yelled back and urged his horse into trot, forcing me to follow.

''Let me go!'' I neighed to him, even though he can't understand me.

''You're new here, right?'' The white horse asked while trotting in front if me.

''New, but not staying.'' I answered him.

''What's your name, new horse?'' He asked.

''It's Dark.'' I said shortly.

''I'm Lover Boy, but everyone calls me Love.'' He told me.

I didn't answer and just kept on trotting behind Love. When we arrived in front of a small-but-big pasture, the cowboy dismounted Love and walked up to me. He grabbed me in my halter and dragged me to the gate. I kicked him in his back, but not hard enough. He hit my cheek and I jumped right into the pasture. He unclipped the lead rope and closed the gate. I was caught! I galloped around the pasture, trying to find a way out, but no. The cowboy laughed at me. I stopped and looked around me. There was another pasture, just like mine, beside mine. I trotted over to the fence between the two pastures and looked ito the other one. In the middle of the pasture, a big black horse stood. From my spot, I could see a few scars here and there on the horse's body.

"Um... Hello?" I neighed unsure.

The horse quicky turned its head to me, but it didn't answer. We stared at eachother for a while, before it turned its head away and went back to eating grass.

I neighed again, louder this time, to catch its attention. The horse looked at me again, and neighed back. I deep, loud stallion's neigh. But the neigh wasn't friendly and welcoming. It was a bitter neigh saying 'Stay away. I'm not nice' or something. I snorted and heard another neigh from behind me.

'Hey!' A voice neighed and I spun around.

A dapple-grey horse in another pasture beside mine neighed. I snorted.

'Who are you?'

'I'm To the Sky, but everyone calls me Sky.' The mare snorted.

'Who's that?' I asked, looking at the stallion.

'Oh.. That's FunDoctro.. Doc, for short.' Sky started. 'Look out for him. He's a bad one.'

She lowered her voice.

'They say that he once knocked out a whole heard of coyotes.'

I looked at the stallion. Doc. I didn't know why, but I wanted to learn more about him. Why was he caught alive?

--------------------------------------------------

Finally a new chap. I hope you like it! Please follow @DeanWinchester1978 ! She's amazing!

Hugs,

Z