Chapter 8 ~ Lily, the girl with carrots

Recap:

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"I was pretty much born into this life. My parents were great dressage horses, swedish half-blood horses." she said. "And you?"

I sighed.

"I was caught alive."

----

Toppy nodded and looked at me. I drank some more water and thought about my herd. Where were they now? Hiding? Hungry? Dying? I didn't even want to think about it. Suddenly, a bright giggle woke me up from my dark thoughts.

"You're such a gentleman, Doccy" said the voice, giggling.

A soft, deep neigh answered the girl's giggle and I looked up. A small, blond girl leading a giant black horse appeared for my vision.

"That's Lily and Doc" Toppy told me, her mouth full of hay.

Lily lead Doc into his stall beside mine and closed the stall door. Doc shot his head out of the stall and let Lily pet him.

"Hi horsies! I have carrots for you" she called and gave Doc a blow kiss.

I saw the other horses, including Toppy, popping out their heads from their stalls. I did the same. Lily carried a huge bag filled with carrots and stopped in front if my stall.

"Oh! It's a new horsie!" She giggled. "Hello!"

She attempted to pet me, but I got scared and jumped away.

"Sorry, horsie" she apologised. "I didn't mean to scare you."

Lily slowly opened the stall door and put the carrot in a bucket, trying not to scare me. Then she left and closed my stall door and I dared to slowly walk over to the bucket and eat the carrot. I heard Toppy neigh happily as she got her carrot and Lily giggled.

"Oh Toppy, you're so positive all the time!" Lily said.

Something black in the corner of my eye drew my attention and I spun around. A large head with deep, dark eyes looked back at me. We just stared at each other for a while. Then Toppy neighed to catch my attention and the moment was over. But in that moment, I realised I might not be able to stop the people from taming me. By the second the thought came to my mind, I shook my head in disagreement. I won't be tamed.

"Hey Dark. Maybe I could teach you some dressage tomorrow, when they let us out!" Toppy said with a excited giggle at the end.

"Yeah, sure." I agreed, not completely sure what I agreed to do.

"Awesome! It will be so much fun!" she said and let her head drop down to the hay.

I spun around and let my eyes meet Doc's one last time. Then I laid down and fell asleep.

-------------------------------------

You know guys, when I see your nice comments like @madamFinch 's and @AJAX1319 's I get all the inspiration I need to update. Thank you guys! And a big big thanks to @DeanWinchester1978 for making such a great character; Doc, who kind of lives his own life right now.

Hugs,

Z ~