Chapter 6 ~ The Star's Corridor

The other man, a really light blond guy had entered my pasture and the two tried to corner me. I tried my best to keep the distance but after a while, they had me trapped in a corner. The blond guy threw a lasso, which I easily avoided. The black-haired guy tried to approach me slowly, but I kicked in his direction and he backed off.

"Don't make it such a big deal, new horse" Sky snorted irritated. "I want my dinner"

"Make them back off!!" I squeaked panicking.

The blond guy threw a lasso again, and before I could avoid it, he had my neck caught. I squeaked and jumped backwards, only to hit the fence which made me even more panicked and I rushed forward. The black haired guy attached the lead rope to my halter and half led me half dragged me out the pasture. I stomped the blond guy's foot and he left to "fix it". I was now left with the black haired guy who dragged me towards a huge building. Suddenly, I saw Sir standing a few meters away watching me intently.

"Be careful with her, Josh. She's worth a lot for me." He muttered quietly.

"Y-yes Sir" The black haired guy who's name was Josh stuttered.

"Good. Put her in the second corridor. Stall 2." Sir ordered him, looking at me.

"Yes Sir" Josh said and hurried away with me following against my will.

He dragged me through a corridor and turned left. There was a short corridor with stalls on the left side. The walls where in white stone and the floor was grey. Everything was shining clean. A few heads popped out from the stables and neighed at me. I didn't neigh back. Josh put me in a stall at the of the corridor. Unclipped me and left fast as hell.

The stall was quite big, I thought. A huge bucket of fresh, cold water and some hay. I felt hungry I was and attacked the hay. It tasted delicious. I drank some water and it felt amazing in my dry throat. After eating and drinking, I fell asleep.

----

A few hours later, I woke up. Healthy and full of energy. I looked around me. Iron bars in the height of my head divided me from the stall beside me and the same on the other side. A chestnut horse I didn't know stood in the stall on the right if I faced the corridor. The stall to the left was empty. I considered trying to talk to the other horse, but realised I shouldn't try to make friends since I wasn't staying. Instead, the other horse started talking to me.

"Hey there, new horse." She said.

"Hi." I greeted shortly.

"I'm Toppy! My registered name is Fancy Top Hat, but everyone calls me Toppy." She snorted. "What's your name?"

"I'm Dark." I answered. "Just plain Dark."

"I'm an elite dressage horse. What do you do?" She told me.

"I... I'm not tamed, and I'll never be." I quickly said.

"But.. Why did they put you in the star's corridor then?" She asked looking at me with a weird expression.

"I don't.. Wait what? Star's corridor?" I looked back at her.

"Well... Sir Livingstone puts all his favourites here.." She explained. "The horse beside me, Last Legend, is a galloping legend in horse racing. Cherokee Nation beside Legend is a top-class jumping horse." The told me.

"Who's beside me?" I asked.

"Oh. That's Doc.." She started, quietly. As if she was afraid to tell me.

"FunDoctro?" I asked, thinking of the horse in the pasture.

"Um.. Yeah. He's the best eventer here. Takes all the jumps like nothing." She whispered, I didn't know why. "He also had a... Rough past..."

"How did he get here?" I asked.

"That's a long story.." She started. "I think he was 5-6 months old when it all started"

-----------------------------------

A new chap! Extra long, to make up for the short chap before.

Z