Chapter 25 ~ A Long Journey

We walked in silence, me and Doc. He seemed tense. Very tense. I swore I caught him staring at me a few times but he always looked away when I turned to him. Why was he so moody? Why didn't I just leave and walk alone? I didn't know. There was something about him that made me completely dumbstruck. I couldn't find a word for it. His scars, his muscular, black body and his silk mane and tail. He actually reminded me of... Myself. All of sudden he just stopped dead in his tracks. I almost walked right into him.
"Wha-" I started but he interrupted me.
"Quiet." he whispered.
"Wh-" I hissed only to get interrupted again.
"I said quiet!" he hissed back and I fell silent.
That was when I heard it. Riders and horses. The sound of hooves against the ground and casual small talk of the riders. There seemed to be about five or six of them, judging from the amount of voices. Though it wasn't the riders that caught my attention. The group was probably about 5 metres from us, walking on a small road we hadn't seen before. One of the horses was talking to its friend, and I could clearly hear one part of their conversation. I heard one horse sigh loudly and ask the other horse how much further it was. What the other horse answered gave us a solution to our problem.
"Jackson is probably just an hour or so away."
Doc slowly turned to me and I looked back at him. We didn't need to say anything. Now we just had to follow these riders in order to get to Jackson.

We made sure to keep at least a ten meter gap between us and the group of riders to prevent them from seeing us. We walked in complete silence the whole way and I felt very uncomfortable. It wasn't until we heard one of the riders happily say that there was only about 10 minutes left of their apparently long journey Doc slowly turned to me as we walked.
"I'm sorry, Dark."
I flinched and turned to him.
"What do you mean?"
He sighed and took a deep breath. "Something happened to me here. In Jackson, I mean. It brought up bad memories. I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I'm so sorry."
He stared at him. Was he finally opening up to me?
"It's nothing. No need to apologize." I smiled at him.
He took another deep breath, like he gathered courage to tell me something.
"Dark, there's something I need to tell you." He sighed. "I-"
But then he was interrupted by a rider calling to the others.
"There's Jackson! We're finally here, guys!"
And I knew that this moment would be one out of a very few.
----------------------------
Why do I feel like I need to apologize every time I post a chapter because it's been so long. I'm feeling much better since last year and now I've been working hard with my school work. I've also been busy with a new horse I've ridden for a few months. Her name is Heliga Molnet which is the Holy Cloud in Swedish. She's the horse in the picture. But back to the book. How do y'all feel now? They've finally gotten to Jackson and now you know that something happened here. Something that left Doc scarred for life. What do you think it is? Any theories? I also want ship names now! Dark and Doc is #Daroc but what would Dark and Love be? Dark and Triton? Dark and Winter (yes I'm talking about you @ZekiWing)? Edit: Dark and Triton is now officially #Triark

Have a good one, darlings!

Hugs,

Zzzzz