31~'Till Morning

ps: i definitly reccomend listening to Through the Dark by 1D or Sirens by Cher Lloyd if you want to feel the major feels;)) just lettin ya know!

(k now yall can read)

~*~*~

31~'Till Morning

Everest's POV

I drive. I drive without one look back. I pushed my way, pushed my way out of that house full of lies and secrets. I fought, fought my way through the safeguard of that house, the warmth, the comfort, the love. I can no longer call my own home my safeguard.

Warm tears well in the corners of my eyes. Angry tears. Sad tears. I press on the accelerator a little harder, the house I once used to call my home long behind me. I angrily wipe the tears away, forcing the waterfall that was threatening to pour out of my eyes to stay in.

You know, it overwhelms me. All of it. From the lies to the secrets to the truth. It's all too much to take in at once. Anger boils my blood, pain shoots through my every vein, emptiness consumes a part of my heart. I still can't grasp onto the fact that my aunt has been keeping all these secrets from me for weeks, for months even. I know I've kept just the same amount, but hers compared to mine, who's the winner here?

And you know what, I'm actually kind of glad I'm moving out for a couple of days. I'm twenty for goodness sake! A young adult living under the same roof as my aunt and cousin in LA! Don't get me wrong, I'll always be grateful for what my aunt has done for me; taking me in when I needed someone to lean on to until I was able to stand on my own again. But I can't live under the stress or lies or secrets anymore that that household contains. I know I admitted I would never live alone on my own anywhere, but now the idea of it is sounding really good. Harry, of course, will always be someone I can go to for anything, however I don't want to live with him and have him feel like he has to take care of me even though we are a couple. I don't want to have to put that kind of burden on his shoulders. He already has too many to count.

I just want Harry. He's all I need, he's all I'll ever needs

~

I climb out of my car like my life depended on it, Harry just making his way out of the front door of their large flat. He steps out in a grey Green Bay Packers hoodie with a pair of black joggers clinging to his thin waist, long deflated curls brush just above his shoulders ever so beautifully. Eyes a glimmering green and narrowed directly at me, completely swallowed in worry.

I jog in his direction as he makes his way down the concrete steps, the cold Californian air whipping at my hair. Launching my body into his, I wrap my arms around his neck tightly, clinging onto him as if he were the only rock in my rapid river. Clinging onto him as if a strong current tries to pull me along with it and into the vast ocean of the unknown.

I cling onto him even tighter.

"Everest, babe," he muffles in my ear, his tone filled with concern. Strong arms are wrapped tightly around my waist like a bow around a present, causing me to feel the familiar warm sensation of home and comfort.

I squeeze my eyes shut. 'Do not cry, do not cry, do not cr-'

"Come on, let's go inside and we can talk, yeah?" he then says softly. I nod twice, and he wraps an arm around my shoulders comfortingly and gives my shoulder a gentle squeeze. I hug my stomach. "I'll come back out and get your things."

"You don't have t-"

"Everest."

"Right." I whisper to myself, the corners of my lips perking up a bit.