7~Secrets and Scars

7~Secrets and Scars

Everest's POV

The car ride home was quiet. The car being engulfed by complete and utter silence, other than the music that blares from the speakers.

When he finally spoke up, it was to guide me to his flat, just outside of LA. Hills grazed all around it, vineyards and barns were everywhere, and small animals wandered all over the grassy hills.

I pulled into a driveway of a large two-story house that sits on top of a small hill, looking over the city. Glass windows cover nearly every inch of the two-story house-not exactly every inch, but you know what I mean. It's much like a large wooden lodge, except a bit nicer in size and interior. The flat roofs are white as well as the small front porch.

It's absolutely gorgeous.

I shift the gear in Park, and we both sit in the car in the deafening silence, watching the sun slowly set. A full moon and some glittering stars begin to appear.

I breathe heavily from the thick air, flickering my eyes towards Harry who still stares at the setting sun.

I finally speak, "Can, can I ask you something?" I stutter, thinking about the crazy question I am about to ask.

"Sure," he croaks, his voice a bit raspy.

"It's a really random and stupid and crazy question," I warn him before asking.

He smirks at me, letting his elbow rest on the console, crossing one leg over the other. "Try me."

I snort. "Okay," I sigh, chewing on my lower lip nervously. "Will you ever talk to you step-dad again?"

His expression turns stunned, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion, tearing his gaze away. "Um..." He sighs heavily. "I dunno. I'm sure I'll talk to him again some day, but not soon." He says unsure.

I purse my lips, nodding my head understanding. "Do you hate him?" I ask without processing the question through my head.

He sighs again, "I guess, right now I do," he sighs, shaking his head. "Why all the questions?"

I shrug, "I dunno really. I was just wondering." I honestly didn't know why I was asking questions, specifically about his step-dad. I guess my curiosity got the best of me.

"Okay, I'll tell ya what," he said, smirking. "How 'bout we play 20 Questions." He suggested.

My eyebrows furrow, lips straightening. "Right here, right now?" I ask unsure and shocked from the suggestion.

He nods. "Okay, I'll start," he says before I could think or say anything. He pinches his lips deep in thought of what to ask. "Okay, what is your favorite color?"

I snort by his child-like question, but I play along with it. "Um... I guess green." I chuckle, realizing that his eyes are the perfect shade of green that I'm deeply in love with.

"Mine too," he smiles, staring deep into my eyes.

I feel my cheeks flare a light pink.

'Why am I blushing!?' I yell at myself in my head.

"'Kay, my turn!" I quickly say, thinking of what to ask. "What is the number one thing you couldn't live without?" He chuckles at the question, making me blush slightly.

"Probably, the lads," he says, looking away at his enormous flat. "I know you said 'thing', but their the ones I can't live without. Their my best mates. I couldn't imagine life without 'em." His grin widens and his emerald eyes sparkle.